TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guy_Fawkes Offline
Super Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Axel

Arrow Don't know how to feel about this - October 29th 2009, 02:13 PM

So yesterday was the sentencing to the guy who accidentally killed my best friend, Gio, back in June. He only got 2 years in prison & at 1st I was mad about it but afterward I'm okay with it because when you think about it 2 years in prison is a long time, especially when you just had a newborn who is maybe a month or 2 old. 5 years probation is pretty long too, the 2 years probation I had was Hell, so 5 must be harsher. 24 hours later & I have 'friends' who are tripping balls about him only getting 2 years. I say; if his immediate family & I are able to say "Okay, 2 years in prison is good enough if he's willing to work with Emely (Gio's mom) & help push stricter racing laws then we're all for it" then I shouldn't see why other people, who weren't as close to him when he was alive, or have never gone through this, should still be tripping balls. I don't know I just feel like people should stop acting like they ever gave a damn about it.

Send a message via AIM to Guy_Fawkes Send a message via MSN to Guy_Fawkes Send a message via Yahoo to Guy_Fawkes  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Don't know how to feel about this - October 29th 2009, 10:27 PM

Hi Axel,

I'm very sorry about what happened to your friend. It's good that this person was tried and sentenced in a way that you think is fair. You were really close to your friend, and I do think it's right that you think this sentence was fair.

I understand that other people getting angry and involved in it is really annoying you, and I'm sure I would feel the same way in your situation. Like you said, they barely know your friend and they are just judging on what happened and their views on it when they may not be aware of all the details.

People become very opinionated about topics like how many years someone needs to spend in prison for a crime, even when they are in personally involved in the case. This can be annoying, but it is good to know that other people are there to support you right now.

If what they are saying is really getting on your nerves, then I suggest you tell them that you don't want to talk about it. Let them know that you think it's fair and you don't want to talk about it further. They can discuss it all they want on their own time, but it doesn't need to have an impact on your life.

Some people hold the opinion that serving a few years in prison does not make up for a whole life lost. It could be that these people are taking up that opinion, but if that's the case then they will never be satisfied.

How you and your friend's family feel about the sentencing is what really matters. You don't need to pay attention to what everyone else thinks.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread