TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

My old best friend. Help? - November 1st 2009, 01:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Blake tried to kill himself.
Everyone's blaming it on me.
The hospital won't let me see him.
His dad almost hit me.
His misses won't talk to me. She's a mess.
He won't pick up his phone.
James tried to bash me.
Someone broke it up.
Blake won't bash me. He won't.
I wanted him to. So he didn't have to try.
But he wouldn't.
Now it's all on me.
Help?

Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My old best friend. Help? - November 2nd 2009, 09:29 PM

Hi there,

No matter what happened or what anyone is telling you right now, your best friend trying to commit suicide is not your fault. You did not control his actions and did not put the thoughts into his head. Your friend did this on his own, and it isn't right for your other friends and his family to put the blame on you. You are not at fault.

It sounds like everyone is under a lot of emotional stress right now, and that is understandable, but in no way is it fair to unleash it all on you. You do not deserve to be hurt by anyone.

I don't know the details of what happened, but I do think it might be a good idea to distance yourself from Blake's family for a while and talk things over with your own family and a guidance counselor at school. It sounds like there are some details that you might need to discuss in order to figure out what to do next. It's important that you are safe at home and at school, so if the school needs to get involved in order for you not to come to harm, then step forward and get the school involved. There is no reason for others to be beating you up.

You did not force Blake to do anything, so there is no reason to blame yourself. Speak to someone about what happened and find out what the appropriate thing to do next is. The thing that should come first is your safety, and then afterward see if there is anything that could help calm things down between you and Blake's family.

If you want to talk about this sometime, feel free to message me.
Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread