TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
twisteroats Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question help! advice needed - brother best friend hookup - November 9th 2009, 05:09 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so last night my older brother and my best friend locked themselves in my room to hook up. Despite my asking / almost begging they just ignored and mocked me as I stood outside the door. My friend even called me from inside the room and was unresponsive when i asked her to unlock the door. Finally i was able to unlock the door and i threw them both out. At 4 am i received a text from my friend apologizing for hooking up with him. . . but at 6am i awoke to find them hooking up on the couch, i'll save the graphic imagery i saw.

i can't even begin to explain how angry and hurt i am from this experience. alcohol is not an excuse. This friend knows me better than anyone else in the world yet she almost purposly hurt me (by telling me afterwards that she knew this was wrong). I already have enormous trust issues and don't get upset easilty but for some reason this is affecting me more than i thought it might. She wants to talk with me face to face but the thought of talking about this makes me nauseated. Any advice . . . PLEASE!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: help! advice needed - brother best friend hookup - November 9th 2009, 07:50 PM

Hi there,

That was a very irresponsible and disrespectful thing for your brother and your friend to do. It was not fair of them to put you in that situation, even if they were drinking. I understand that alcohol can impair judgment, but that still does not stop what happened from hurting your feelings and taking a toll on your trust.

What I suggest you do is talk to your friend about it. I know you feel sick thinking about talking about it, but it is something you really need to do. Let her know exactly how much it hurt you and that you find it hard to trust her after she went and did this. Listen to what she has to say, but really make your point clear. If she does this again, then I really think you should think about ending your friendship with her.

Have you talked to your brother about what happened as well? It might be a good idea to tell him you will tell your parents about it if he does something like this again. Make it clear that you don't want his sex life to be your business and you don't want him anywhere near your room if he decides to do something like that again.

If this happens again, then I highly suggest you talk to your parents about it. Your brother is older and he should be more responsible than this.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread