TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Should I stay or should I go? - November 11th 2009, 06:21 AM

I recently found out that my mom signed me up for a club despite my pleas for her not to. She already paid the admission fee and keeps reminding me that the entrance ceremony is coming up. I really don't want to go because I don't even want to be in the club, but at the same time I don't want to make it seem like I'm throwing a tantrum or refusing to go because then she'll go crazy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Should I stay or should I go? - November 11th 2009, 03:59 PM

Hey. Ummm with this you just have to sit down and talk to her. Don't just plead to her but tell her your true feelings, that you don't this. And then see how she responds.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Should I stay or should I go? - November 11th 2009, 04:36 PM

Hi Courtney,

Your mom might have signed you up for this club because she honestly believes you'll like it and it'll do you some good. I understand that you told her you don't want to join it and you really don't like that she went behind your back about it, but I think the best thing to do right now is give it a chance.

Try the club out for the first few meetings and see if you do like it or at least if it is bearable. You might meet some really nice people there and wind up having a good time. If you still hate it after the first few times and don't want to go, then sit down with your mom and talk about it. Let her know exactly how you feel and why you feel that way. It's important that she know that you tried the club to make her happy but it just is not your thing and you don't want to do it anymore.

Remind your mom that she should talk to you first before signing you up for something. You should be able to choose and activity you like because then it wont be a waste of money.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Should I stay or should I go? - November 11th 2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Hi Courtney,

Your mom might have signed you up for this club because she honestly believes you'll like it and it'll do you some good. I understand that you told her you don't want to join it and you really don't like that she went behind your back about it, but I think the best thing to do right now is give it a chance.

Try the club out for the first few meetings and see if you do like it or at least if it is bearable. You might meet some really nice people there and wind up having a good time. If you still hate it after the first few times and don't want to go, then sit down with your mom and talk about it. Let her know exactly how you feel and why you feel that way. It's important that she know that you tried the club to make her happy but it just is not your thing and you don't want to do it anymore.

Remind your mom that she should talk to you first before signing you up for something. You should be able to choose and activity you like because then it wont be a waste of money.

Take care.
Nat.
I was in the club last year and I didn't like it, which is why I was sure I didn't want to be in it this year.

I guess I'll just sit down and talk with her about it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xander Offline
Average Joe

Name: xander

Re: Should I stay or should I go? - November 11th 2009, 06:15 PM

out of curiostity, wat is the club? also, your wat....16? surely if you sat down with her, she'd understand that your a big girl now, you can choose things x

XANDER

am i in love? or am i being used?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: Should I stay or should I go? - November 11th 2009, 07:50 PM

Hi!
Maybe she thought you liked the club last year, or thought it will make you a better, stronger person later! Parents think they know everything about our lives, and truth is they don't. But they DO know a lot more than us and you may regret not going. I'm sure its only a few hours a week, and it clearly means a lot to your mom that you join. If you really hate it that much, talk to her! Maybe you could invite a friend to join with you so you have someone to hang out with while you are at the meetings or make new friends! Good luck!
-Cherry

Closed Thread