TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Weekend May Now Be Ruined - November 26th 2009, 10:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

WARNING: This is marked triggering because I'm SH will be mentioned and I just wanted to warn of that.

All right, well, I had surgery almost a month ago now. It was October 30th. My mom tried to text me a few times after it and I'd reply. By the time I'd have been able to go back to her house (I stayed at my dads just to make things easier while I was dealing with all the post-op stuff) it was tech week, which those involved in theater know is so busy and I also had lots of band that week as well.

My mom told one of my cousins this past Monday that she has given up on trying to talk to me because she keeps "getting hurt." The next day, she said she's "feeling sorry for herself." I haven't been able to talk with her because I've been extremely busy with everything and honestly, I'm bad at talking with people unless they contact me first. My dad pointed out to me something I sort of realized which is that my mom hasn't been trying to spend time with me unless I'd be staying the night. She hasn't even tried to have me eat dinner with her or anything.

Today, I sent her a text saying "happy thanksgiving" to try and see if she'd reply to me. Two hours later, I have gotten no reply. I decided I'd call my grandma and see if she'd meet my dad and I halfway between here and where my mom's side of the family lives so that I could still go to the family get-together tomorrow. She ended up acting like the only way I'd be going was if I'd go with my mom and like she just wants to throw my mom and I in a car together and see what would happen, which would probably not be the smartest idea.

I was looking forward to tomorrow so much all week because I haven't seen this side of my family since I think the beginning of this past summer and I miss them so much and it's always fun going there and being with them. And one of my friends knows that I've been looking forward to going out there tomorrow all week and knows that now I'm probably not going to be able to now because I can't find a way to get there. I have a feeling if I tell him or one of the other guys that I'm close to that I'm officially not able to go tomorrow, they won't let me stay home alone. At least two of them could probably guess that I'd be feeling like cutting from this, which I have now.

One of them just called me and is trying to calm me down. Which is helpful and a good thing, but I just don't know what I'm going to do for tomorrow now. My grandma is going to call me tomorrow and see if I can come but it's seeming like it's not going to work.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Weekend May Now Be Ruined - December 3rd 2009, 03:25 AM

I can't really offer any advice for this, but you've got cyber hugs and support. Sorry and good luck.

Closed Thread