TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
annaa. (: Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Anna,

Why lie about something like this? - November 28th 2009, 03:06 PM

at school on friday, i had blurry lines in my eyes, a bad headache and a little bit dizzy. the staff at the office asked me if i had anything to eat that day, i said yeah i had breakfast, they didnt seem to believe me?
my mates mum works at the office, and over heard the conversation. so she called my mum and asked if i had anything to eat that day, my mum said no.
well at least she must have done because later my mates mum came over and said 'you havent had anything to eat have you?' i go 'yeah ive had breakfast' and she said 'well your mum says you havent' i said well i did. she goes 'your not turning into sasha are you? do you think your fat?' (sashas my friend with anorexia'
my mum is constantly telling me to eat and weigh myself, but im fine.

why is she doing this?

"The only person standing in your way is you."
-Black Swan
  Send a message via MSN to annaa. (:  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Why lie about something like this? - November 28th 2009, 04:06 PM

Hey Anna. I can understand why this would upset you, but on the other hand I can understand why your friend's mom might be a bit concerned as well. She may feel as if she has a reason to be worried about this, maybe because you have a friend struggling with an eating disorder. I'm sure she did not mean to offend you in any way, but that it was simply her way of showing concern. Maybe your mom couldn't quite remember if you ate breakfast or not that morning? Your friend's mom could have easily associated your supposed not eating with your sickness that day, and then could have jumped to the conclusion that you weren't eating as much as you should have been.

I wouldn't let this bother you too much, I'm sure that she was just concerned. If she does bring this all up again, you could simply let her know that there's nothing wrong with your eating habits lately, and you're doing the best you can to stay healthy, and that the subject is making you a bit uncomfortable. I'm sure she will leave you and alone and be understanding.

Best of luck, I hope things get better for you soon x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
annaa. (: Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Anna,

Re: Why lie about something like this? - November 30th 2009, 05:15 PM

slightly gone off the subject,
but my friends mum, the one who i talked about earlier, she told my mate (her daughter) and now shes going on about it to me?

"The only person standing in your way is you."
-Black Swan
  Send a message via MSN to annaa. (:  
Closed Thread