TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thatxgirl1621 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: mae

Question my brother's best friend and me - December 12th 2009, 12:26 AM

So, my brother and I have always been really close, he has basically been my best friend. He goes to college and is about 20 and I'm 15. My parents left for a weekend over the summer to go watch my sister play softball, so my brother and I were home alone. He brought 3 of his college friends to our cabin. He went to sleep early and his friends and i were drinking (not my first time drinking). After awhile all of his friends went to bed except his one "Joey". Joey and I were drunk and had been flirting all night. We ended up making out and some other things. About two months later i couldn't keep it from my brother any longer. He flipped shit on his friend and me. Him and Joey are no longer friends and i don't forsee them to ever be again. As for my brothers and my relationship....he won't talk to me and its been about 3 months since i told him, and it really upsets me. I'm aware i made a mistake but i don't know how to fix it. help!!

Last edited by thatxgirl1621; December 12th 2009 at 01:07 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: my brother's best friend and me - December 12th 2009, 02:15 AM

Patience. Just try and talk to him. Just short hi's and hello's and very short conversations and give him space. But above all you must be patient. When you try to talk to him and he walks away just let him. Don't force him to talk to you just give him space.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: my brother's best friend and me - December 12th 2009, 03:49 AM

Hi Mae,

It's understandable that you and your brother are feeling the way you are right now. Communication and trust are important in a relationship, and it seems like those are both under some stress right now. I think that your brother does have a reason to be upset, but he should still do his best to put it aside and realize that you are his sister and you should be there for one another.

Jacksonian is right by saying you should give him space. Your brother needs some time to cool off and sort out his feelings. That can take a long time, and losing a friendship is hard to handle. He needs to be able to make his own decisions in his own time.

When you feel ready to talk to your brother, try to sort out what you want to say to him beforehand. Find out exactly what you want to say in a way of explanation or perhaps an apology and just let him know that you want to be able to talk to him about this and fix it with him. Listen to what he has to say as well, and find out if there is anything you can clarify or discuss with him to help him handle it better.

If you feel uncomfortable talking to your brother in person, writing a letter is always an option. You may find it easier to write out what you are feeling rather than saying it to him out loud. That also gives him a chance to read what you have to say and think about his response before he comes to talk to you.

I'm sorry things turned out like they did, but the best thing to do is give your brother some space and then talk with him about it later. I hope that everything goes alright between you two.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread