TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

how do i convince them to let me go? - December 15th 2009, 08:51 PM

okay, so theres this program in california i really really really badly wanna go to. it looks amazing and i had several friends who went and they loved it. the program would be instead of doign the second semester of junior year, so i get all my credits there which is cool.

but theres two problems. they gave me a 10,000$ scholarship but that still leaves me with having to come up with 6,000$ to come up with. i know my relatives and people would help and i would be able to go but yesterday i got caught smoking pot and today my friend decided it would be a good idea to go and tell the school that "paula's smoking pot and taking her boyfriends antidepressants" (which im not takign anymore and when i took them id rarely take them). im really pissed off about this and i feel hurt but i shouldnt let stupid people keep me from doing the things i wanna do. the person i talked to said hed have to, by law, tell my parents about this, but that he knows (from how i was acting adn stuff) that im perfectly fine.

the thing is tho, im scared my parents might not let me go. how do i convince them? my parents told me if i cant go that i should go to a program in mexico with my dad (he works there) but im scared this is gonna be just like this summer, where they told me id go to buenos aires with my granmda instead of going to a sleepaway program in san francisco, going there was hell, my grandma wouldnt let me do ANYTHING and i might as well have been locked up at her house. idk. waht should i do? i need a good, convincing argument. help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
whisper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: how do i convince them to let me go? - December 16th 2009, 03:58 AM

What you need to do is prove that you are responsible. Quitting pot would be a great idea. The more resposible you are, the more likely it is that your parents will let you go. I wish you luck

(#3 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: how do i convince them to let me go? - December 16th 2009, 07:20 PM

okay. yeah i figured that out. im keeping my room clean, not smoking pot, doing all my homework wihtout having anyone tell me to do so, and yeah just generally trying to prove im responsible.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tea-monkey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: how do i convince them to let me go? - December 16th 2009, 07:57 PM

Good luck hope it works `

Closed Thread