TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kotomi Offline
Divine {Odinaa}
Not a n00b

Name: Kotomi

Thumbs down I wish I could move out. - December 22nd 2009, 01:43 AM

There's been alot of drama and fighting between my Mom and her husband, Brandon, for the past month after he stopped taking his medication for Bipolar. (He doesn't think he's bipolar :P)

He'll cuss infront of the kids, I'll tell him to take the fight somewhere else or stop cussing and he'll flip on me.

He left one night a few weeks ago because my mom was pissed off how he was acting when he wanted to fuck and she said no...and she told him that she didn't want to be with him anymore, so that must have been a big reason why he left my Mom and 5 kids stranded at home with no car :\

He came back the next day 'cause my mom begged him to come back. It turned out that he relapsed on pot and started to drink again. He continued this when he came back.

One day my mom just had to leave to her sisters house for awhile 'cause she couldn't take his crap. As soon as she left, he asked me if I could watch the kids as he "took care" of stuff in his room. (More like looking at himself in the mirror, 'cause that's what he does when he starts going manic)

My younger sister, Bailey, Brandon and I were sitting out in the living room and he started talking about pot in front of her and I had to tell her to go to bed. He was asking me if I knew anyone who could get some and I said no. He then said that he would get some and give a little to me if I didn't tell my Mom what he said. I did tell her though!

She didn't confront him 'til the next day when he came home drunk and high from his friends house. He was out all day, from 9:00 to 8:30 PM....

-----------------------------------------

Basically the whole thing is that he's been lying to my mom about smoking pot, drinking and about offering me pot.

He left for a whole week and will be coming back either today or tomorrow.

SHE FORGIVES HIM FOR ALL THE SHIT HE PUT HER THROUGH. She ignores the fact that he is indeed bipolar and now she doesn't think he's not going manic. I'm sick and tired of this guy who put all of the kids through hell.

I really just want to move out now. I'm so upset with my Mom and I feel like I have the world on my shoulders right now....she depended on me so much when he left and what's gonna happen when he leaves again? Will she keep leaning on me and make me stressed out 'til I end up in the hospital?

I don't know...I don't know. I want to move the hell out.

What can I do to improve the situation without sounding like I just want the guy out 'cause I hate him?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Annabel Lee

Re: I wish I could move out. - December 23rd 2009, 02:21 AM

You may want to privately explain to your mom that he does, indeed, have bi polar disorder. Give examples of times where he was not acting rationally. Tell her how much this is stressing you out, and then politely ask her if she could either convince him to get back on his meds, or break up with him.

This is the best advice I have to give... if you don't want to do this, I'd recommend talking to a counselor about your problems. Even a school counselor can be of help, so long as it's somebody to talk to.

If all else fails, you may want to become an emancipated minor and move out, though that would be a last resort.

I hope everything gets better for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I wish I could move out. - December 23rd 2009, 05:52 PM

Annabel Lee is very correct. Talk to your mother and tell her what is happening. Because this guy will spoil your siblings' lives. And if your mother doesn't make a choice soon, something will go terribly wrong. Talk to her.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: I wish I could move out. - December 23rd 2009, 06:21 PM

Tell her how this is making you feel. Tell her its not fair and tell her she's meant to be the mother, not you, and that she's got responsibilities (your little siblings) and needs to start acting her age. Have you got somewhere you could stay for a week or two, just to push the point home?

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread