TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

I miss the old days with her so much. - December 26th 2009, 02:33 AM

I dont really know why I'm writing this here, It's not like I can do anything to stop it, but I feel so selfish and I should be really happy.
My next door neighbour Kirsty moved in when she was 9 and I was 1. Then ever since then I knew her as a big sister. Before I started school, She would come and see me pretty much every day. I would wait for her to come home from school on the bus, and she used to come and play with me. When I started school, she was 13, so was in Highschool so didnt come to play as much. As she got older she had more work to do, so I would see her maybe every weekend. Her older sister had children, and she spent more time with them. When I was 10 and she was 18, she finished school and was studying at uni, and I was too old to "play" like when I was about 5. So we would see each other, but just really talk and say hi, etc. Then she went and lived with her boyfriend, so I saw her like once a month, and always looked forward to when she came 'home.'
So then she graduated and got a job and brought her own house, and just yesterday she got engaged. When I found out, I just cried. I dont know why. I'm ever so happy for her, but I dont really want to let her go. I know im being really selfish, and part of me is really happy, but deep down im devastated. It's such a shame because I want her to stay. I just went over to her place before and she was as lovely as she was to me when she was 13, but now shes 24 and getting married.

I just feel kinda sad and blah i dunno what to do, I am really happy for her, her new husband-to-be is sooo lovely!!!! But i really dont know why I could feel upset in any way its really selfish of me?!?!?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonkin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: I miss the old days with her so much. - December 26th 2009, 05:28 AM

Its not selfish to miss someone. You have known her so long and have become close. Nothing wrong with that. Missing someone rly sucks. You guys can still keep in touch right?
  Send a message via AIM to Crimsonkin Send a message via MSN to Crimsonkin  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I miss the old days with her so much. - December 26th 2009, 06:54 AM

Oh yea, I can txt her whenever I want, i just miss the fun we had. Getting older sucks!!
I will be fine, I mean I still like her alot and I think she still likes me! It's just a big change and stuff.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: I miss the old days with her so much. - December 26th 2009, 07:56 AM

Its not selfish. Its natural to miss the cirtain times. Everybody has things they look back on that brings tears to their eyes. But unfortunately life changes, a lot. You'll get used to it.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread