TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tilly-x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tilly

Unhappy Friends and moving on =\ - December 31st 2009, 04:18 AM

Hello

I just found this forum and was wondering If I could ask for some advice with a bit of friend trouble

I have been in my school sixthform scince september and been with my best firend the whole way throughout the my whole school life scince year seven. We have been inseprable,never leaving each other and always like sisters more than besties. I didn't really want to stay on at my sixthform but my friend had begged me not
to leave her and so I thought it would be ok to stay as it was used to my school grounds and it was apparently really good educational wise. But as the months got on I started to hate sixthform. I was on my own in all my classes, had people saying mean stuff about me for not having as much money as them and I was bullied on the way to and from school. My teachers didn't like me either and thought I was unsocial for not participating in class but it was only because of the remarks when I did. In the last few months I have had asthma attacks, making me miss lots of weeks of school and I always cry when I think of having to go back in there everyday. It's starting to harm my education now because I can only force my self to go in 2 or 3 days a week Even worse is that my best friend has started to leave me out of days out and stuff and is being really distant to me However I just found a new college to go to, it has the perfect course for me and is like a brand new start, it's like i'm fianally starting to feel happy again after the last few months. The only thing I'm worried about is leaving my friend, even though she's being lke this I still love her I'll miss her so much. I'm also worried about making new friends, I'm so scared they will all hate me like they do here! Please some one help me, I'm so confused. Sorry this is so long and my spelling is horrible! Thank you if you read this!

Tilly x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Friends and moving on =\ - December 31st 2009, 05:02 AM

i think you're definitely making the right decision by leaving and going to college.. i was apprehensive about starting college this september even though i was going with a lot of friends from school it's a massive college and none of my friends were in my tutor group. i didn't know anyone in my tutor group when i started and i was so nervous but i made friends literally straight away. if you're not happy where you are then you need to do whats best for you and move on. it'll be hard leaving your friend but it's not like you're never going to see her again. you'll still be able to hang out with her after college and at the weekends. by the sounds of it she's not in the majority [if any] of your classes at school anyway?.

i think a new start will be great for you. move on from all the people that have been causing you stress and make new friends at college. i know leaving my old school was one of the best decisions i've ever made, i hope you have a similar experience.

what subjects are you studying, out of interest?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tilly-x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tilly

Re: Friends and moving on =\ - December 31st 2009, 03:55 PM

Thank you so much for replying! It was really helpful to hear someone else's view Yeah, me and my friend are not in any classes together and only see each other for like 20 mins a day =\ Atm I'm studying Art, textiles and geography but the course I want to go to is a art, design and media course Thank you again <3

Closed Thread