TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
flawed_legacy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

I have a reflection so I know I'm visible! - January 28th 2009, 10:37 PM

Why is it that I can't get my mom to pay any attention to me?!?! I don't get it! I mean her job is her number one priority then my sisters come shortly after that! But me... I'm not even on her priority list! I rarely ever get any attention from her but the attention that I do get is always negative! "I'm very dissappointed in you, Jason. You need to do better in school!" I got one C. And that was my lowest grade!

God, she has no idea how much she hurts me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I have a reflection so I know I'm visible! - January 29th 2009, 10:03 AM

Hi Jason,

Have you tried talking to your mom about this? It sounds like she's finding it difficult to find the time for everything as well as everybody in her life. Maybe try to schedule some time with her (ex. friday night you could go for a walk with her or ask if she wants to spend some time with you or go to a movie). It might help your mom if she has time set aside for you. Then she can focus on you and not your grades.

It's hard to deal with when parents only see school grades instead of what really matters. A good thing to remember is that they still care about you, and even though they are focusing on grades, you are important to them. And you should be proud of yourself too! It sounds like you're doing well in school, so don't worry about what your mom says about it. Yeah, you can try harder next time, but for now, be proud of what you have accomplished.

I hope you're having a good day.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Deathscrush Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mickey

Re: I have a reflection so I know I'm visible! - January 29th 2009, 07:03 PM

I have to agree with Strider, talking to your mom about how you're feeling right now is definitely the best option. -hugs- I understand where you're coming from, it's hard having a parent who works and even harder when there's siblings too, but speaking with your mom is definitely a good first step. You sound like you're doing fine in school and Strider is right, it's a sign that she cares when she's yelling you about your grades, trust me. Continue to work hard and you'll be fine.

"Sometimes we're so convinced some is throwing us a life preserver, we don't realize they're drowning us..." -Joe Davis, "Honey, Baby Sweetheart" by Deb Caletti

Utada Hikaru Is Love
  Send a message via AIM to Deathscrush Send a message via MSN to Deathscrush Send a message via Yahoo to Deathscrush  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I have a reflection so I know I'm visible! - January 29th 2009, 07:41 PM

Hey, Jason.
Sounds like you and I are really in the same boat right now :P
So I can understand completely. I know that sometimes you might think it won't help at all, but I agree that maybe you should try talking to your mom. I know that a lot of times when my mom gets like that she's stressed out and overwhelmed with her work. I guess all mom's really do work a lot, I wonder how they do it..but anyways, sometimes I've noticed to that I take some things for granted. I'm not saying that you do that, I wouldn't know if you did or not. But I know that sometimes I think my mom couldn't give a darn about me and how I feel, and that the only important thing is grades. But then when I really open my eyes and see all the things that my mom really does do for me, it makes me feel like I really am taking her for granted. And although I know how much it sucks sometimes, your mom only cares about your grades. Maybe she has ridiculously high expectations for you sometimes, but I'm sure she has a reason for that. Nevertheless, try talking to her about it and telling her you try super hard to please her with your grades, but you feel as if you're never enough (I'm guessing that it makes you feel that way sometimes). And maybe throw in that you feel a little abandoned sometimes. But be careful with that one, I know that sometimes my mom feels taken for granted herself, so just put it in a nice way when she's in a nice mood :P

Good luck

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread