TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashlii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlii

Unhappy is this the end of an amazing friendship - January 8th 2010, 06:56 PM

I recently moved and started a new High School during my sophmore year. About 3 months ago I met a boy named Devon. Even though we've known eachother for so little time, I feel really close to him. he's helped me so much already. he helped me get over years of built up depression. I too have helped him out with things such a his addiction to drugs, cutting himself and getting over his suicidal thoughts. However when we first met he constantly talked to me. Now it seems like I become invisible anytime someone else joins us. We only seem to really connect when we're alone. This makes me feel depressed all over agian. Yet I can't seem to stya mad him for the way he treats me. So I don't know if to walk awa from our disengrating friendship or wait around for all the moments that we're alone...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: is this the end of an amazing friendship - January 8th 2010, 11:38 PM

Hi Ashlii,

That's a really cool way to spell your name, by the way It's the first time I've ever seen it written like that.

I know you're feeling really down about this friendship right now, but I don't think it's dying and I don't think it's the end. You have had a lot of good times together and just because he wants to focus on other friendships too does not mean he doesn't appreciate the one he has with you.

It could be that your friend is trying to make the person who joins your group more comfortable by talking to them, or maybe he is feeling some pressure to expand his group of friends. It's hard to say how he feels about it, but I think the best thing to do would be to try to jump into the conversation he is having with this other person. Conversations don't just need to happen between two people, so try adding some of your own input or asking this new person questions and getting to know them better.

If you feel that your friend is purposefully, or not purposely leaving you out, then try talking to them about it when you are alone. Mention that you've been feeling really left out lately and would really appreciate it if he tried to include you in the conversation when other people are there. Just let him know that you are fine with him having other friends, but you would just like to be part of the conversation with them instead of being left out.

Don't lose hope in this friendship. He sounds like a good guy, and I'm sure he'll listen if you let him know what's wrong.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ashlii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlii

Re: is this the end of an amazing friendship - January 9th 2010, 02:10 PM

That's some really good advice.
Thanks so much. I'll have to try all of it.

Adulthood is not about age, its about reaction.

-Ashlii

Closed Thread