TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Smile I think I'm really learning now. - January 10th 2010, 05:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ever since I was small, there's always been a problem with my family. My gran (my dads mum) died when I was 6. Being so young, I didn't really understand what death was, you know? So my parents told me she went to sleep. Things really seemed to spiral out of control after this.

My mum and dad have always been drinkers, but it got really bad - to the point where my mum would end up in hospital and my dad becoming very violent. Having to grow up like this kinda damaged me, because I was so young. For some reason, everything was always pointed tpwards me!

Then secondary school came, and things got worse. I was bullied, I struggled with self harm, and eating disorders, two of my friends died and doctors told me I was suffereing from depression. I never slept, I constantly got into fights and argued.I was a wreck, and the thing is, I used to blame myself and said everything that happened to me, I deserved it! So many times I ended up in hospital because I didn't want to be here.

But serveral years down the line, I've realised its not my fault. Well, not all of it. Now I really want to try and turn things round. It's not gonna be easy, I understand that. I just want my life back! It's all made me who I am today, and I'm starting to like me Sorry about it being so long and such a random post. Just got thinking!

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#2 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: I think I'm really learning now. - January 10th 2010, 05:37 PM

I'm really glad you realized all this. You have my support!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I think I'm really learning now. - January 11th 2010, 11:07 PM

Hi Laura,

I think you are absolutely right. Our past can have a big impact on how we grow up- but not on who we are. I am glad that you are trying to turn things around for yourself and appreciate yourself for the wonderful person that you are. That is a really difficult thing to do, but I know you can get through it.

We support you here 100% and if you ever want to talk, please feel free to message me any time.

Stay strong!
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TeenSpirit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I think I'm really learning now. - January 11th 2010, 11:20 PM

You've got my support!!!
Good Luck with everything...
I may not know you, but I'm really proud of you. (:

Closed Thread