TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

My friends really annoy me. - January 29th 2009, 09:45 PM

I have a feeling this is going to come out a lot more harsh than I want it to...but basically, my friends drive me crazy.

I'm not exactly sure I really consider them my friends, because I've never felt very comfortable around them, but they're the only people I actually have conversations and similar interests with. But, sometimes they can be really immature. I'm not saying this as suggesting that I'm better than them or more mature in anyway. But they act extremely..well, idk, strange, I guess. They get a lot of weird looks from other people a lot. And I guess that they don't care, but sometimes it annoys me. They'll make up really strange lyrics to songs and sing them at the top of their lungs, or make up really weird nicknames for each other...they call my one friend shower? Well, anyways, it kind of annoys the Hell out of me, because I wish they would grow up and act their age. Yet I could never tell them that. And my one 'friend' is obsessed with attention, and she never shuts up. She's lied to me to get attention about really serious things. She had me up all night crying a few months ago because she told me she was going to kill herself. See, the few friends that I do have act like this so much that I don't feel like their friends at all. And I would love to just move on to highschool and push them out of my life, but I found out that their going to the exact same high school as me. Joy to the world. I feel like the only reason I have these people to talk to is so I don't look like a huge idiot at school, but I don't think I consider them my friends. I just am scared of being alone...I'm not really sure what to do, to be honest.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Last edited by MadPoet; January 29th 2009 at 09:52 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xoxo_ciao Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stella

Re: My friends really annoy me. - January 29th 2009, 10:02 PM

your friends actually seem pretty cool to me...but that's just my opinion :-)
seriously though, i've had the same problem with friends before and i was in junior high at the time too i eventually figured out that those people weren't my friends and were just looking for attention. they lied to me about a lot of things because they though they were being nice, but then i got to high school and found my real friends who have helped me become the person i am today oh yeah, they do seem reeeally immature. i know a bunch of people like that, and at their age, they look and sound like complete and total idiots. it use to annoy the hell out of me, but now i just feel sorry for them.

"I heard once that love is friendship on fire.
That's how I feel about you."
  Send a message via AIM to xoxo_ciao  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Katieee Offline
23/03/08
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: My friends really annoy me. - January 30th 2009, 10:28 AM

Hey hun,
That must be really annoying. Have you tried talking to them about how they're making you feel, maybe they don't realize?

"You'll always be my hero, even though you lost your mind."
  Send a message via MSN to Katieee  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My friends really annoy me. - January 30th 2009, 12:14 PM

Hi Amanda,

I think the only major problem would be the friend who lies to you about really serious and important things. That one you need to talk to at some point and tell them that they shouldn't be doing that and if they are really in trouble, then you will support them, but they shouldn't be leading you on.

About the other friends, they just sound a little weird to me, but that's all. Eventually, they will probably grow out of this 'immaturity', but for now, just act like yourself and don't give reason for people to stare at you funny if that's not what you want. The immature ones are the people that will judge you completely based on your friends, and those are the ones you shouldn't care about. Let your friends be wacky and weird, they'll probably grow out of it.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: My friends really annoy me. - January 31st 2009, 11:26 AM

Some of my friends are like that obnoxious wise but I'm actually fine with that. It's their way of self expression

You're amazing just the way you are

Closed Thread