TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

small dillema quick replies appreciated - January 30th 2009, 12:09 PM

Ok i hate to post about something so trivial but i don't usually get myself into such situations.

Anyway my friend G asked me what i was doing tonight today at college, i said nothing at the moment and she said that she might ring me after college and a few of us could go for a meal or something, but nothing was set in stone.

Anyway i came home and signed into msn, my friend J told me that he was having a few people (some of who i know) round his flat for drinks and stuff and asked me if i wanted to come, i said i'd have to let him know in an hour or so incase G rings me. Anyways over an hour later she didn't ring so i said i would go to J's because i haven't seen him or some of the other people who are going in around a year and it would be nice to catch up and stuff.

Now i don't think i did anything wrong here, but i need to text G soon to let her know that i'm not coming out with her tonight but i don't know how to word it so that it doesn't sound like i'm blowing her off or anything. (J IS a guy but nothing would ever happen between us as he's got a girlfriend of 5years and tbh i wouldn't consider it anyway so gender has nothing to do with it)

I was thinking something along the lines of "hey G, not sure if anythings going on tonight but my friend J has asked me if i wanted to go round his for a small gathering and i said yes because i haven't seen the people who are gonna be there in ages, just to let you know hope you don't mind"

I know this looks like a silly thing to post about and i agree, but i've never really had more than one thing to do when i make plans so this is a first. Just to let you know G is one of my best friends and i doubt she would be really offended if i did say i was going elsewhere, plus the fact it wasn't really set in stone.

But anyways help please? I don't want her to feel like i was blowing her off because if we had organised a time and a place earlier i would have said no to J.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: small dillema quick replies appreciated - January 30th 2009, 12:25 PM

Hi there,

I think what you were planning to say is fine, except I would add another time that you could hang out with her, like 'maybe we could get together Saturday night instead'. Or maybe you could even ask J if you could invite G over as well, that way you would solve both problems at once.

I hope this goes well for you. I'm sure you friend will understand.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: small dillema quick replies appreciated - January 30th 2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the reply i think i just panicked a little when i realized i needed to tell G that i couldn't make it, she should be fine with it i just get paranoid sometimes about coming across in the wrong light lol.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
beckie Offline
*Snap back to reality<3 *
Not a n00b

Name: Beckie

Re: small dillema quick replies appreciated - January 30th 2009, 02:33 PM

I agree with what Nat said, what you said sounds fine, it doesn't sound like you're blowing him off or anything but by adding that you could go out another time shows that it's nothing against him, just simply that you have been asked to go out when you wern't sure if you were still going out with G. Hope you get it sorted out!

The prettiest things can come out of the coldest night.

At one point, all you ever did...
was everything you ever wanted.

Snap back to reality. <3

Closed Thread