TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AOD_13 Offline
lost in the moment
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Unhappy family and boyfriend - January 31st 2009, 01:59 PM

I just don't know what to do any more my mom and other family members loved my boyfriend at first and know that I have gotten pregnant by him it seems to be all going down hill even with him i feel in the middle like they he wanrs me against them and they want me against him am just in the middle and don't know what to do.
  Send a message via Yahoo to AOD_13  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rosein Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosein

Re: family and boyfriend - January 31st 2009, 03:11 PM

I know what you've been through tbh...my family not only hate him for reasons...but the added bonus that he is black.
I know this'll be awful advice...but I think you should talk to your parents about this relationship. Tell him how wonderful he is...especially when he does something extra nice..such as a date. Even if a tad exaggeration is needed. =P
I wouldn't suggest bringing the whole family and your boyfriend together..becuase it would be awkward and risky..
I think just reminding your family how wonderful and lucky you are to have him is a good start...even if it takes a while.. good luck! ^^

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: family and boyfriend - January 31st 2009, 03:27 PM

Hey there,

I think you need to talk to both sides separately- your parents and your boyfriend. Let them know how much the other side cares about you and how much you care about them. It sounds like both your boyfriend and your family just want the best for you, even though their opinions conflict.
So the best thing to do is just to talk to them. Explain how you feel. Because when it comes down to you, that is what is important.
Make sure you keep your own opinion too. Look at things from both your parents' side and your boyfriend's side, but you need to come up with what you believe and think in the end.

The best of luck to you.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ale_x3_ily Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alejandra

Re: family and boyfriend - January 31st 2009, 04:09 PM

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you right now. My parents hate my boyfriend simply because of the fact that they found out we've been having sex. Everything's spiraling down for me too, especially because of the fact that his parents hate me too, and we already have so much to deal with. I don't even know if he wants to be with me anymore.

So I think you should take advantage of this situation. Be happy that you have your boyfriend, that he's been sticking with you. & try convincing your parents. I hope your parents aren't as closeminded as mine.
  Send a message via AIM to ale_x3_ily Send a message via MSN to ale_x3_ily Send a message via Yahoo to ale_x3_ily  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
AOD_13 Offline
lost in the moment
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: family and boyfriend - February 2nd 2009, 01:29 PM

will just being my mom and me it's even harder, you know i mean and i have overly protective uncles and aunts and two of my uncles live next door and everything. and ya his mother don't like me saying that i have messed up his life cause he graduated last year and am still in school and i have gave up more than him. and i just think they are trying to run him off i don't know cause he don't agree with how my family does things but am kinda the same but not much. he don't like the fact that i try my best to keep him from fighting with my family and then he has let his mom get to him about saying the kid is not his. and it up sets me i just don't get it

Lost in the moment
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: family and boyfriend - February 18th 2009, 02:06 PM

First off on the kid thing. Even if his mom put it in his head that the kid isnt his if it will make him feel better then let him get the test done to prove it is his kid i mean sometimes people just need a little reasurence to help them it doesnt mean he doesnt want to believe the kid is his and maybe he wants to prove to his mother or anyone else that kid is his. You understand what i am saying and on your family and him maybe you should defend him a little more cause u already said u stop him from fighting with your family but you have to make your family understand that he is there and to stop bagging on him i mean he is your babies daddy and if he leaves yes he will pay child support but he wont be there with your or the kid so how is that fair for your family to ruin that for you and your kid and it seems like he really does care cause he didnt run off when he found out u was having a kid now did he?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AOD_13 Offline
lost in the moment
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: family and boyfriend - February 24th 2009, 05:44 PM

I really think yall for all of ya'lls help i wish at times there was more i could do

Lost in the moment
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
helped Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: family and boyfriend - February 26th 2009, 08:02 AM

if your family like your boyfriend before you pregnant, now whats their problem? i think your family is very serious about this matter. dn't take tention if you like him and want to be marry then do it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: family and boyfriend - February 26th 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD_13 View Post
I just don't know what to do any more my mom and other family members loved my boyfriend at first and know that I have gotten pregnant by him it seems to be all going down hill.
This is a very common occurrence.
There is no amount of advice that any of us can really give you. You're about to undergo a severe lifestyle change, not to mention, it's going to take a LONG time for your family to accept your boyfriend all over again. And you can't really blame them. There's nothing you can really say to them. You just have to carry on the same way you have with this young man since before you got pregnant.
This is a very difficult situation, and I wish the best of luck to you. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to find out whether or not I've got a zygote starting trouble for me, and lord only knows what'll happen if that's the case.

Best wishes <3

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
Closed Thread