TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Posha' Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Uuuuuuuuugh! - February 1st 2009, 09:44 PM

Today was horrible! I can't stand this stupid town. I know my dad didn't want to move & I know its not his fault what happened, but I just want to scream at him. I'm going to be 15, not 25! I know I'm pretty mature for my age, I had to grow up faster than all my friends because my mom was always sick, I had to be the leader of the house hold, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the younger kids, and I just want to be a kid! I want to sit around watching cartoons and all that junk. But no instead I'm chasing little kids around and trying to make sure dinner is on the table by 7 and every one has clean clothes and make sure we don't go over our budget and that bills are sent out, its just toooo much and all I ask for is one just one damn day to relax buuut no my dad has to mope around in his room, and I know he is upset I understand that, and I'm sorry but it happened, there is nothing we can do about it, we are all upset, but life goes on, he has 4 children to take care of, but no instead he is in his room crying, Ugh Idk, I don't mean to sound like a bitch but its not fair that he can cry in his room while I take care of the house, I'm only a kid! It's just not fair to put all this pressure on me. But I keep on smiling, and I wake up every day to take care of my litttle brothers, because she's dead and she is never comming back and people need to grow up and face the fucking facts! When is my chance to sit in my room and cry? I didn't get a chance to even cry about it. I had to stay strong for my brothers, I had to act like it was okay. Well it's not okay. I'M not okay!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Staceyanne Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: Uuuuuuuuugh! - February 2nd 2009, 08:12 AM

Hey, it's good that you've taken the role of helping. Though it does seem a little too much pressure, as you said, you are a kid yourself, but it's good logic for later in life, that you can take care of yourself and others. xxx
  Send a message via AIM to Staceyanne Send a message via MSN to Staceyanne  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Posha' Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Uuuuuuuuugh! - February 2nd 2009, 08:57 AM

Yea I know. I'm feeling better today. Just sometimes all the stress makes me snap, and I don't wanna snap at my family, so I figured I would snap here! lol

My dad is trying, he just wasn't around much when we were growing up, he had 3 jobs to support us and pay for my mom's medical bills. So he doesn't really know how to take care of us, my brother is the oldest so he should be taking care of us but he is always out, I think it's too painful for him to be home, he just doesn't wanna admit it. So that leaves me with an 12 yr old and a 6 yr old. I love them sooo much, it gets me through the hard days.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Uuuuuuuuugh! - February 2nd 2009, 05:33 PM

Hi there,

Have you tried talking to your dad about this? He should be helping to take care of the family too. It's not right for him to dump it all on you. I think it's great that you've been helping so much with your siblings and keeping it together, but I think you need to discuss some time to yourself. He needs to realize you can't take care of the household forever. Maybe you could split up jobs with your dad and your siblings to help take care of what needs to get done together.
I'm sorry about what's happened, but I'm am really proud of you for staying so strong.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Posha' Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Uuuuuuuuugh! - February 2nd 2009, 10:30 PM

I've tried talking to him, he just makes me feel bad, he says he is going through a tough time and that I'm being selfish. I know he is hurt, but we all are. I don't know, I just don't know anymore. He is at work alot, so he isn't even really home to take care of us. He works at 4am till 12 at one job, then comes home for sleep and have dinner before his other job. Then he works on the weekends. I asked about a babysitter but dont have the money he said.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Re: Uuuuuuuuugh! - February 2nd 2009, 11:45 PM

I know how you feel. I had to take care of my little sisters when I was younger. I still resent my mom for that but she was a single mother and didn't have many other choices. I hope you can talk to your dad and figure something out.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.

Closed Thread