TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Leo89 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I just need to talk about this to someone - February 2nd 2009, 05:58 PM

I know I'm probably in the wrong place to write about this. It just seems like I have no one to turn to and I know just to get this off my chest would be helping me.

I've been going out with my boyfriend for over 3 years now and he has never had the perfect family. His mum is in the late stages of MS and is really not a very nice person- which is difficult to convince people of because she is disabled. Things were always on tenderhooks but got alot worse when she got a new carer, my mother is a carer and from the start i thought there was something very odd about her. she stayed round later than normal, brought her children, decorated the house instead of cleaning her- but then things turnt more sinister, small things at first like sharing the same glass, then they began sleeping together and in the end the carer forced my boyfriend's Dad out of the house.

The mother became, literally out of nowhere obsessed with money and the need for it and made so the carer had the right to sign for her. I know it may sound harsh but the mother is in the very late stages and i really believe the carer is aware of this and trying to get some sort of money when she dies. anyway, the carer also became abusive towards my boyfriend, swearing at him and grabbing him when he would speak back to her. It culminated in one evening when she attacked him for forgetting to wash up a frying pan- she dragged him to the ground and scratched at him- all the while his mother watched on and said nothing.

We went to the police who couldnt do much but caution her and social services point blank refused to listen when we said she was too dangerous to look after his mother. My boyfriend refused to go back home and was going to place to place, staying around friends (as he was too old to be put into care) because of this he couldnt finish his uni course as he couldnt put the dedication into it with all the moving around. He stayed a while at his uncles- but his uncle is an alcoholic and is getting aggressive with him to the point where its frightening.

He needs to find a place to stay and im terrified- in this climate, though he's been applying for jobs he cant find anyone to employ him, he works part time at the minute but this isnt enough to pay for a place, he would love to do a part time course- it seems though he wont be able to survive financially if he does. im scared he will end up homeless and no one seems to care. He is such a lovely gentle boy who would do anything for anyone and I cant understand why this is happening to him and i dont know how to help him. I just feel lost.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I just need to talk about this to someone - February 2nd 2009, 08:29 PM

Hi there Leo,

I am shocked that social services and the police couldn't do more about this. If it happens again, then your boyfriend should not hesitate to contact them again. After what that carer did, your boyfriend could press charges, but it doesn't sound like he would be financially able.

Are there any other family members your boyfriend could talk to about how the carer is acting? They probably wouldn't agree with it as much as your boyfriend, especially if the carer is trying to get money out of his mom.

I what your boyfriend could do right now is just keep his eyes open for jobs and look into social assistance. If he is not able to pay for his expenses then he should sign up for some kind of assistance before he ends up on the street. If he continues to stay with his uncle, then he should just make sure he keeps himself safe and that he leaves or phones the police if there are any problems. Are there any family members other than his uncle that he could stay with? I wouldn't suggest staying with him, but if it is between the uncle or his mother, then he needs to choose.

This sounds like a really terrible and difficult situation. I really hope this gets better for your boyfriend.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread