TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

My family is racist and my bf is black. - February 2nd 2009, 06:53 PM

I have learned that I can't live my life and make my family happy. Sadly I am just going to disappoint them no matter what I choose to do, so therefore I am learning not to care. But they deliberately try to push me over the edge. Or at least I feel it is that way!

The other night my boyfriend blew up on my mother's boyfriend. My mother's boyfriend has been messing with many of our things since we moved here back in November. I have been trying to move out since December but paperwork with my apartment has been holding us back. We are finally getting to move February 6th – or this Friday. Anyway! My boyfriend had a full bottle of liquor when we left to go somewhere, but when we came back it was all gone. I know what your probably thinking ... all over liquor? But this isn't the first time our shit has just disappeared when we got home so this was really the breaking point. He just couldn't take it anymore. So he went off on him. The sad thing is that my boyfriend actually had enough balls to apologize about it – but that just doesn't seem to matter to my family.

We have the added bonus that my boyfriend is black and my family is racist. The fact that “nigger” can fly out of their mouths no matter what and they not give it a second thought is appalling to me and I know that it hurts my boyfriend. Do they expect him to be a saint? He is here to be with ME. WITH ME. Don't they understand that I love him? That I want to spend the rest of my life with him? NO THEY DON'T FUCKING CARE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SEE PAST HIS SKIN COLOR!!!

My mother is all upset because my boyfriend was yelling to me and she could hear him over 3 TVs and with the bedroom door closed. I say yelling to me because he was not yelling at me. He was not upset with me. He was upset and I knew that. I let him get it out so that he could feel better. She says it was rude because you just don't do that in someone else's house. Yeah right, whatever. She never cares where she is she yells no matter what. She says she'll kill him if she ever hears him yell at me like that again. You know what?? IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF HE WAS YELLING AT ME. HE WAS YELLING TO ME, NOT AT ME. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

I want to say all of this to her. I want to tell her off and tell her how ignorant and retarded she and the rest of my family are. I am tired of it all. I can't be fucking happy? I can't? Why not? WTF?

I am on my last nerve. I am done with these stupid ass people I call family. And some of you might ask if I really mean that, and I do. I do not want to call people who focus on skin color to determine who they like my family. I don't care. Some might say that he isn't worth giving up my family for .. but I disagree. And if I am wrong then I am wrong.

There is just so much more I want to say .. just so much more I need help with. I can't take this anymore. I am going to just explode.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.

Closed Thread