TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

my parents... - March 29th 2010, 02:34 PM

just wanna rant i guess..
my parents have always been not very concerned about me. i guess coz i'm good at school. they'd let me stay out late and sleepover without any prior notice. once my dad willingly treated my guy classmates to booze at a class sleepover though we were all underaged.
anyway, they don't talk to me. other than scolding me about something. besides that, we hardly talk. even if we're in the same car for hours, there'd be simply silence...
a lot of things have gone unnoticed. was sexually abused by a caretaker when i was younger. started SHing around 5 or 6. was bullimic.. and it's like, they didn't even bother. they didn't notice. i know they still love me and bring me to see the doc and stuff, though sometimes they'd forget.
anyway, they just feel like 2 ppl i simply room with. kinda like distant parents i guess. maybe it's just a 20th century kinda thing...
just feel so lonely at work, at school, even at home...
gah i feel so childish ranting about this...
the end

Ü
and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: my parents... - March 29th 2010, 05:31 PM

Hey there. Then since you know that each of you love the other then why not go out and have fun together. By this I mean, you know what I mean, spend sometime together, talk to them, start up something and just talk and rest and have fun. Start out small though and then over time you will get closer and closer if they are willing to go on.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: my parents... - March 29th 2010, 11:16 PM

Hi Hun.

First of all. I am so sorry you were abused when you were younger. It is not easy to work through alone. And you started SHing at the age of 5? I am so sorry! It cannot be easy to live with all this pain and not have a support system.

Do you have siblings? If so, do your parents treat them the same? How are they reacting to it?
If not, what about talking it over with a school counslor. Maybe they could set up an appt with you and your parents.

Your parents may feel like they are giving you the space you need/want, however you really want them to just be parents. I can understand your anger. If you ever need someone to vent to you can PM me anytime. I always answer. Again, I'm so sorry you are going through this alone. I do think that talking to a school counselor would be a good option. Even if you just use him/her as someone to open up to it can help you.

Take care.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: my parents... - March 30th 2010, 01:45 PM

thanks guys for the responses..
and i dunno why just thinking about everything now just makes me feel so sad..
but anw, yea i've 2 younger sisters.. but they're far younger than me. my parents communicate with them more and leave me to roam. it's like they learnt parenting skills after i was too old. yea i do try to spend time with them but it's still complete silence between us no matter what we do together.. we'd eat in silence, shop around in silence.. and i guess part of me is used to it, but the other part of me expects more..
i just feel like i'm fighting life alone. fighting all of my struggles that feels like an army targetting a lone kid. and i'm just.. frustrated. don't really know what i'm feeling actually.
yea i've a counsellor but i can't seem to trust her much. and i begged her not to tell my parents anything. it's like, i don't trust my parents to be part of my life much.

Ü
and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: my parents... - March 30th 2010, 08:36 PM

Sometimes just being silent is also a way some of us communicate. Well when you get an opportunity to spark up a conversation then go forth and just have fun, but just let the conversation develop don't force it. Don't try too hard though, just relax.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread