TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LostGurl4Ever Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

I might lose him. - March 31st 2010, 08:46 PM

This is just me lettin out what happened cuz I have no one else to talk to about it.
This past weekend Ian took a car while he was high and drunk. The cops pulled him over and tried to take the keys outta the ignition. He then drove off before the cop could shut the car off. While they were in pursuit Ian lost control of the car and it flipped serval times and then ejected him out through the windshield. Hes currently on life support. The docters said if he comes off life support hell be a vegitable. I havent cried over this or really felt anything. But he means so much to me. I dont want to lose him.
I understand what he did was wrong but no one deserves to die at 20 years old. I just want him back.
Everyone around me seems to just blow it off and not care.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: I might lose him. - April 1st 2010, 12:58 AM

oh Jamie, i'm so sorry! it sucks that this happened and especially that you seem to think no one else cares. there's not much you can do right now but wait and hope (pray if you're religious). just try to visit him and keep yourself informed. perhaps someday he won't be a vegetable.

PM me anytime!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I might lose him. - April 1st 2010, 10:16 PM

Hey Jamie,

I am so so sorry this has happened. You don't deserve it. I can't appreciate how difficult this must be for you at the moment. I hope that by posting here it was some release to you, feel free to keep posting.

I don't think people are just brushing it off or ignoring it, they probably aren't sure how to react or how to support you in this. It doesn't matter that you haven't felt anything, it is probably the shock that is still halting the rest of your emotions. Don't feel guilty about it. You are right, no one does deserve to die so young, but hopefully he won't. Try to keep positive, for him and you. Visit him if you can and if you feel able to and don't be afraid to talk to those around you about what happened, you don't deserve to go through this alone.

Keep us updated with how he is doing, yea?
PM me if you ever need a chat.
Take care.
Anna

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LostGurl4Ever Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: I might lose him. - April 2nd 2010, 08:48 PM

It helped that I posted this. Thanks for the support.
My mom and expecially my dad prob wont let me visit him.
His sister showed my brother a pic and he said its not pretty
I want to see him so bad but I dont think I could even be able to stand the site of him laying there all messed up and hooked up to a bunch of stuff.
I believe in God and know that Ian wasnt saved or anything and his home life is pretty much the reason I dont want him to go to Hell. That seems weird but its true. Its not completely his fault that he did the things he did but no one deserves to burn in hell
Sorry if i offened anyone that doesnt believe in God.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I might lose him. - April 3rd 2010, 01:47 PM

Do you think you could talk to your mum and dad about this? If you explained about his homelife then maybe they would be a bit more understanding about this situation. Perhaps you could agree with them that you can go with your brother? I think your parents are worried about you and don't want you to get hurt, which is reasonable.

If you don't want to go for whatever reason that is also OK, it will be difficult but I believe that you have the strength in you. If you feel you need to talk about it with someone, could you talk to your brother? He seems to be slightly more supportive at the moment.

I'm glad posting helped, PM me if you ever need a chat.
Take care.
Anna

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I might lose him. - April 16th 2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGurl4Ever View Post
It helped that I posted this. Thanks for the support.
My mom and expecially my dad prob wont let me visit him.
His sister showed my brother a pic and he said its not pretty
I want to see him so bad but I dont think I could even be able to stand the site of him laying there all messed up and hooked up to a bunch of stuff.
I believe in God and know that Ian wasnt saved or anything and his home life is pretty much the reason I dont want him to go to Hell. That seems weird but its true. Its not completely his fault that he did the things he did but no one deserves to burn in hell
Sorry if i offened anyone that doesnt believe in God.
You didn't say anything wrong.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread