TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MakeBeliveLove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I like him too! ): - April 3rd 2010, 07:24 AM

Well this school dance I went to started out fun but ended in a pit of problems!

It was the last song and I wasn't dancing then this guy came up to me and said, "Wanna dance?" I just looked down and said, "Umm..." then he said, "Come on last song." and held his hand out to me. I didn't take his hand but decided I would regret it if I didn't dance. I just walked to the dance floor as he followed he said, "Lets go by your friend." Well I started dancing ,because I figured he was going to leave but he didn't. He had put his hand on my hip and was behind me(grindinf) everytime we got a little to close we both backed off a bit. He was also alot gentler than my guy friends were.(don't be mean please)*. Well I hit my head on his chin a few times(I was really embarassed). When the song ended we both just walked away like we weren't even dancing with eachother. Oh yeah before he walked up to me he looked back and was luaghing or smiling(I couldn't tell but I figure someone dared him to dance with me).

So here's where my best friend comes into the story...

She has a crush on him and saw me dancing with him but she was dancing with another guy. At the time I had no clue she liked him but I still feel bad about it and I thought I would regret not dancing the last song but I regret dancing like that with him.

Details about him: He is a junior me and my best friend are freshman.(I only have one class with him which is an elective and my best friend is in there too). He is polite but does take dares. He always looks at me when we are putting our stuff away in that class(if that helps)

Importantly I had liked him at the beggining of the school year and I still do

So can someone help?
-How can I say sorry to my friend?
-Does he like me?
-Was it wrong of me to do that?(everyone and I mean EVERYONE danced like that.)

please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
london Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: London

Re: I like him too! ): - April 3rd 2010, 04:09 PM

Explain to her that you didn't know she had liked the guy at the time. If she can't understand that, then she isn't a true friend to you. She should understand you didn't intentionally try to make her mad or anything. It kinda sounds like he might have a crush on you. If anything just ask him straight up. If he says no, then oh well. Your friend likes him anyway. If he does like you, then see where things go from there. So no, it wasn't wrong of you to dance with him. And yeah, everyone dances like that at high school dances haha.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: I like him too! ): - April 5th 2010, 10:20 PM

-How can I say sorry to my friend?
Okay, first I'd like you to know that this is so common between friends and boys, so you're not alone. If you explain to her that you didn't know, then she should understand. Now, in the case that she doesn't, it's probably because she's still upset. Let her calm down about it and if she still doesn't accept your apology, then she's not a really great friend. Especially considering you didn't know.
-Does he like me?
As far as boys go, whether he "likes" you or not can be a confusing and puzzling question. Guys tend to send mixed signals, so yes, it can be hard to figure out! The best way to find out is to ask him. However, most people are uncomfortable doing so. So, there are some signs that can mean he likes you. For example, you said you catch him looking at you often. This could mean something. Does he ever try to impress you? Do you even catch him staring? These could be signs as well. Though, they could also not mean anything. So, like mentioned before, the best way to find out is to ask.
-Was it wrong of me to do that?
No, it's certainly not wrong as long as you weren't being forced. If you chose to do so on your own, there's nothing wrong. You'll find that at a lot of high school dances, it gets pretty "sexual", for a lack of a better word. I know at homecoming once they decided to remove tables and chairs (Which, I don't understand how that will work) because girls were getting too rowdy with the gentlemen.

So, that's basically it. I hope I answered your questions. If you need anything else, feel free to let me know.

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I like him too! ): - April 16th 2010, 02:29 AM

At the moment of the dance you didn't know your friend liked him, so that is completely understandable. Now, about the dancing, you regret dancing that way with him, so it is important to you, and its good that it is. Just because many people do it, doesn't mean that it is ok. So watch the way you dance, your heart already is telling you this. Does he like you, try and talk to him more and see how he acts and then you can tell.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread