TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

This Needs To Stop - April 5th 2010, 12:00 AM

I've been having issues lately where I have no patience and if someone tells me I screwed something up, I will believe it and beat the shit out of myself for it. Yeah, this may not seem to have anything to do with either friends or family, but it's getting there. Whenever I begin to get pissed off, I try to calm down by texting or calling my best friend. From there, I eventually end up pretty much taking everything out on him and hurting him terribly. For example, I got pissed off with an oral exam I have in english on Wednesday, so I called him to talk about it. He started saying "em, you really gotta work on that" so I said "fine. bye." and I hung up on him. I got a text literally two seconds later saying "wtf?" from him. I told him that, as I had said earlier, I'm not in the best mood & am surprised I hung up on him. (which is true, I haven't done that in months) A few minutes later I said, "if you want we can try talking again but i don't have much patience right now" I began crying immediately after I sent this text for no apparent reason and he said "ill wait ok?" I told him "I don't know how long dad & al will be gone. but... whatever. your choice. i just started crying." He called me immediately and we talked a bit but he had to go to dinner. He said he's going to call back after dinner. I just... I can't keep doing this to him. I realize every time how damn much it hurts him when I take all of it out on him and I keep doing it. Then when it happens he gets all hurt and upset then later says its okay that I do that. I've tried to get the point across that it's not okay that I keep hurting him like that and I honestly don't know what to do about it.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: This Needs To Stop - April 5th 2010, 08:33 AM

Hey there. Your friend sounds like a very supportive guy, and you sound like a lovely girl - it's okay to have some issues.

Maybe, next time something upsets you, take some time out before calling him. Just enough time to cool off. Remind yourself that if you call him in the state you're in, you might end up hurting him, which you really don't want to do.

It could also be beneficial to find another outlet for your emotions. You could try writing it down instead. You could also look at the Self Harm Alternatives - I know your issue has nothing to do with self-harm, but the list there has a lot of good ideas to deal with negative emotions, and you might be able to find one that works.

As for now, just apologise to him, and do your best not to let it happen again.

Good luck.
x

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: This Needs To Stop - April 7th 2010, 02:39 AM

Then stop hurting him. He seems to be a good person, but remember, and I am sorry to say this, if you continue like this, there is a time he will have had enough and you may lose him.

So go talk to him about it and apologize, you seem to be hurting much from this so tell himand have a heart to heart with him about this issue. But first apologize to him.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread