TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b

Name: April

She won't let me see him - April 7th 2010, 06:51 AM

I have a six year old nephew and a 26 year old sister. Right now my sister is mad at my mom...they haven't talked in over a month. I stayed out of the fighting...I did not choose sides and I did not form an opinion on who was right and who was wrong. But, still, my sister will not let me see my nephew. I have babysat my nephew Monday through Friday ever since he entered preschool. He and I became very close. I have not seen him for over two weeks now and...it's killing me. I miss him so much. I want to play with him, talk to him, hug him. I just want to see him and hear his voice. I know some people think it's wrong...but in some ways I feel for my nephew as if he were my own. I teach him things, I play with him to bond with him, I'm happy when he's happy, and I feel miserable when he's sad. The last weeks that I babysat him I was teaching him to tie his shoes. At the time it seemed insignificant...but now I regret not being able to see him do it by himself for the first time. I miss him. I have tried twice now to get my sister to meet me somewhere (she won't let him come here cause she doesn't want my mom to see him) so I can spend time with him. The first time she ignored my calls. Then earlier today she called me so I asked her about seeing him and she had all kinds of excuses. I even told her I was willing to take the bus to meet her in their neighborhood. But all she said was "we'll see." It hurts not getting to see him. I can only imagine how this is hurting him too. I am sure my sister is telling him I don't want to see him. I'm scared that when I do get to see him again eventually he won't feel close to me anymore. I'm scared of losing that bond that we had. I just want to see him again. This isn't fair.

"To obtain this in exchange for Rin's life...it means nothing!!"-Sesshoumaru

Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: She won't let me see him - April 7th 2010, 09:17 PM

Aw, April, that really must be tough. I'm sorry that she's putting you through something like that! Sadly, it's her child. All you can really do is ask her. I think it might be a good idea to lay off for a bit- let her cool down. Sometimes all a person needs is time.
If she doesn't cool down after a while, try calling her again. Explain to her that it's hurting you not to see him, and that all you really would like is to spend some time with him.
Whatever you do- do not involve yourself in the feud.

I hope things clear up soon,
Kristen

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

Closed Thread