TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Piiink Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Friends wedding? - April 7th 2010, 12:31 PM

Im in like panic. I have once ever been into wedding and that was when I was like 8.

I don't have much money to spare currently. If I buy cheap gift for them they might think worst. What should I buy and should gift have written card from who is it from?

About flowers is there like known amount of roses or sth required mostly?

meybe it's better not to go

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Friends wedding? - April 7th 2010, 01:43 PM

There are plenty of gifts that you can give that are cheap, but lovely as well. Some ideas are:

- If you are a good cook or have a lot of recipes, you could buy them a recipe book and fill it in with ideas
- Likewise, you could buy them an address book, and get everyone at the wedding to fill in their details, so that the newly-weds won't have to do so later
- You could buy them a small plant (herbs or flowers are lovely) for them to plant at their new home
- If you are crafty, you could find some recipes for something like soap, and make them a batch of home-made soap to use
- You could take a camera to the wedding and then make a scrapbook/album of your photos for them
- You could buy an ordinary notebook and fill it with marriage advice (like "never let the sun set on an argument). You could even take it around to other guests at the wedding and have them add their own thoughts

As for flowers, I'm not sure that they're necessary. Most weddings have enough flowers already .

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: Friends wedding? - April 7th 2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
There are plenty of gifts that you can give that are cheap, but lovely as well. Some ideas are:

- If you are a good cook or have a lot of recipes, you could buy them a recipe book and fill it in with ideas
- Likewise, you could buy them an address book, and get everyone at the wedding to fill in their details, so that the newly-weds won't have to do so later
- You could buy them a small plant (herbs or flowers are lovely) for them to plant at their new home
- If you are crafty, you could find some recipes for something like soap, and make them a batch of home-made soap to use
- You could take a camera to the wedding and then make a scrapbook/album of your photos for them
- You could buy an ordinary notebook and fill it with marriage advice (like "never let the sun set on an argument). You could even take it around to other guests at the wedding and have them add their own thoughts

As for flowers, I'm not sure that they're necessary. Most weddings have enough flowers already .
She's right! I personally think these ideas are adorable. Go for it! I'm sure your friends will appreciate anything you give them. But you should definitely go! It might hurt their feelings if you don't, plus weddings are always fun- it's a great experience.

Please tell me how it goes!
Best of luck,
Kristen

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Friends wedding? - April 8th 2010, 05:10 AM

Well, if she's your friend, she probably knows that you don't have much money to spare. Also, it depends on how extravagant your friend's wedding is. For example, when my dad got re-married, he invited around 100 people. Because it was so expensive to invite all of those people, he expected more expensive gifts from them in return. On the other hand, my friend (who was 19 at the time) went to a justice of the peace. They didn't have a ceremony, just a small reception afterward... so she didn't really expect anything from her friends, other than a gift card or some cash.

If you are truly concerned about what to get your friend... ASK HER! She may have a gift registry set up, and you could pick a cheap item on the list. Or, you could give her a gift card or some cash, like I did for my friend. Ultimately, I think your friend would rather have you at her wedding, celebrating the wondrous occasion, than have you avoid the event because you can't give her an expensive wedding gift.

Closed Thread