TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost&lonely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

I'm losing my best friend.... - April 8th 2010, 06:07 AM

I've known my best friend for over a year now. He's been there for me through some tough stuff and I love him to death. We dated for about a month and a half before he ended it. It didn't take long before I got over it and things got back to normal between us and we were best friends again. It even seems like we're closer than we were before we dated. But lately it seems like I'm losing him.

He's been hanging out with some other friends of his, his "sister", her girlfriend, and her best friend, a lot more and he seems....different. He doesn't talk to me as much anymore, and he doesn't tell me anything. The only way I ever really know if something is going on with him when he tells a story to one of our friends while we're on the bus or I read it on myspace. I even found out that he's gay now from his myspace.

Whenever I go on vacation or if I'm not at school for some reason he always tells me how much he missed me and how much he loves me. Now it's Spring Break and I've heard from him 2 times at the most and I found out that he's going to be gone for the next 2 weeks, with those girls, and he didn't even tell me himself; I had to read it online, again.

I really feel like he's replacing me with them and I don't know what to do anymore. He used to talk to me about everything, but now it's like I don't even matter and it's killing me. I just feel so...empty.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I'm losing my best friend.... - April 8th 2010, 07:01 AM

Unfortunately, this happens quite often during your middle school, high school, and college years. =( People change, and as they begin to have less and less in common, they begin to drift apart.

Have you tried talking to him about how you feel, and asking if there's something you said or did (or didn't say or didn't do) that pushed him away?

Perhaps he's just really excited about his new friends, and he wants to spend more time with them, getting to know them better, and he'll come back to you once he's had his "fill" of their presence.

There are so many reasons why he could be acting the way that he is... all I can do is guess. Regardless, I wish you the very best of luck, and I hope that things work out in the end. <3

Closed Thread