TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Little to NO support from extended family. REALLY LONG SORRY I NEED ADVICE THOUGH - April 13th 2010, 09:21 PM

The title says it all. see i was born with a genetic disorder called Neurofibromatosis(NF for short) and my mom set up a caring bridge page (www.caringbridge.org is a site that you or a family member or people can create a page for someone in their family or a friend that is sick or is in the hospital ect) and so for the first few years my extended family and close family and friends would always be signing my guestbook and reading the journal updates, but when my endoscopy procudre came around which was around the same time as my second oldest brother nicks graduation. now i know nick was gradutating but no matter what was going on my extended family or close family relatives would always send me a get well card or sign my guestbook. but this time nothing. no guestbook sinatures no cards. and since then almost all of my extended family,close family have stopped signing my guestbook and stopped supporting me completly, i am forever greatful and appreciative toward the family members and friends that do support and are there for me reading the journal updates and sending me cards and signing my guestbook. but it would be nice to know that my other relatives and family friends were supporting me too. they read the journal updates but dont sign my guestbook, i'm not saying they have to every time, but it would be nice to know that they are reading my journal updates and are following me and are supporting me. my brother nick getsd ALL of the support. everyone is so proud of him. we have a close family friend his name is dango and he's in a band called Amber Pacific dango has been giving nick drum lessons since late 2005 early 2006(i think) and i met amber pacific through the make a wish foundation(the band and i are super close they are some of the few people that actually express their support and love and on their record Truth In sincerity the song "Follow Your Dreams Forget The Scene" that song is mine, Will the gutiarist wrote that song just for me, the lyrics on my photo project are lyrics from the song. i messed up the first line though instead of "Caught up in the way" its supposed to say Caught up with the way") so anyway dango's mom dad and sister were at our house for dinner, and so was nicks girlfriend at the time stephaine she was also there. i had been in a photography reflection(its were your photo and a bunch of other kids photos are put p for dislpay for all the parents too see also in my old high school there a display box that goes from the floor to the ceiling and i got an A+ on my project and its an honor to have your project put in the display case, and i got to have my photo project in the display case. so anyway back to the dinner. i had my photo project framed(i had a copy) and i was going to show it to dango and his family. but someone hid my photo project and the entire time dango and his dad and mom and sister were there, they were all asking nick and stephanie what they wanted to do were they wanted to go to college. dango's sisters little boy teauge was a little fussy so i let him sit on my lap, the attention turned to me for about 60 seconds because teauge had kissed me so while the attention turned back to nick and stephanie I entertained teauge, and went back to being invisiable. I FEEL LIKE NOBODY THINKS THAT I CAN GO TO COLLEGE I PICKED UP PHOTOGRAPHY BEFORE NICK DID THEN HE GOT INTO IT. EVERYONE THINKS NICKS PICTURES ARE BETTER THEN MINE i have a gift for photography, the pictures i take are never photoshopped but they look like it the only pictures that are photoshopped are the ones i had to photoshop for photography class. i feel like i am second best. i feel like that the relatives that dont support me dont support me because i'm just not good enough and they dont think that i am ever going to be good at anything. the only thing i am good at is photography well i was until nick took it away. i see no point in trying anymore nick will ALWAYS have the spotlight he will always be the better child. everyone will alwasy be proud of him. i am nothing but a failure
P.S. This is a Link to my A+ photography Project

The Link:http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...leyfollow2.jpg

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: Little to NO support from extended family. REALLY LONG SORRY I NEED ADVICE THOUGH - April 13th 2010, 09:31 PM

what is the name of your website?

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Little to NO support from extended family. REALLY LONG SORRY I NEED ADVICE THOUGH - April 14th 2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeekitten View Post
what is the name of your website?
www.caringbridge.org/visit/ashleyv

just make sure you say your from teenhelp so that my mom and i know who is coming in and out of mysite.
thanks babe

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
Closed Thread