TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

me and... ? - April 22nd 2010, 07:29 PM

so basically i have quite a small immediate family which ive always found quite pleasant. since i was 18 months old i have lived with my mum and my older brother. although we arn't a particularly close family. my brother has moved out now, so it's just me and my mum which i do like as it's peaceful but i just cant help but feel like ive been missing out the past few years.
once i got to the age of 13 we stopped going on family holidays (me, my mum and my brother) and we rarely do family things in general; we have the occasional small family gathering thing on special occassions but thats it. my mum spends most of her time when shes not working with her boyfriend and goes on holiday with her boyfriend. on the main part i really like this as i spend alot of time with my friends and have more time for myself, but i just cant help but feel like im missing out when i hear of some of my friends who are busy because they have family things going on. i'd just like to know what its like for a while to have a bigger family...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: me and... ? - April 23rd 2010, 01:32 AM

maybe you can talk to your mom about spending more time with you?

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: me and... ? - April 23rd 2010, 01:35 AM

Well, for me, i have been living with my sister and mother and with my dad for a few years as I have been here, but no bigger than that. But I have some more family(cousins, uncles) and the thing is, the difference is spending more time together. Being around more people.
Perhaps someone else can explain better. But it all comes down to those who you are close to and like spending more time with.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: me and... ? - April 23rd 2010, 12:52 PM

Hey there,

I have a big family. I'm the eldest of four (with a 16 year age gap), so it's my parents, me, 2 little sisters, and a little brother. As well as that, my boyfriend moved in a few months ago and we adopted two kittens. And my grandparents are always around.

And basically, I really want to get out. I love my family dearly, but having so many people around all the time... it's just so noisy and horrible. You literally can't hear yourself think. And there are just so many people to deal with. Four people will ask me the exact same question, and I hate repeating myself. And you need to take in 7 different opinions. It's just ridiculous.

Having a big family can be nice. And obviously I wouldn't give up anyone in my family. But I envy you for having such a peaceful family. You aren't missing out, you just have a different life. It's impossible to have the best of both worlds.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: me and... ? - April 24th 2010, 08:05 PM

i guess everyone wants the opposite of what they have...
and it's not really so much the wanting to spend more time with her (haha, thats sounds harsh...) but it's just having the company around me. i would really love to just have people around. hmm i think i was in quite a bad mood when i wrote this lol; cos at times a small fqamily can be awesome.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: me and... ? - April 27th 2010, 02:38 AM

Hey there, Nora. =)

I have a small family, too. Or rather, families. There's my mom, and my dad. I don't have any brothers or sisters. My mom's side of the family lives in New York, Texas, Utah, and Hungary. My dad's side of the family lives in Kentucky and Florida. So the holidays can be a bit lonely for me.

In a way, you can have the best of both worlds: a small family of biologically-related individuals, and a large family of friends. =D By default, things are peaceful and quiet... but whenever you DO want to have more people around, you can invite them over to your place. If you lived with a bunch of family members, you might NEVER have peace and quiet (unless you left the house, which isn't always an option).

Closed Thread