TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rriot132 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Meera

How much i hate my family - April 24th 2010, 09:54 AM

Let me answer my title first. words or actions cant describe how much i hate them.
ok lets start of with my brother:
he has hurt me in ways i cannot describe. physically and mentally. he nearly made me commit suicide once. and he even made me delete my youtube account which i was very fond of and loved making videos for.
my mum:
she must yell at me every single day. even when i was a child. i remember she used to hit me with a hanger if i didnt want to eat my food and just sleep. she gets mad at me about everything. just today i converted some money my grandparents had given me and she went off like a volcano. my grandparents gave me that money to spend. they even told me that.
my dad:
he hates me. his not talking to me because i told him the truth that i hate coming home and hate this whole house hold.
they took away my tv privileges, they dont let me go to the mall with my friends and they dont let me buy some of the things i need. they let my good for nothing brother get away it. OH and they take away my money. for chinese new year and hari raya i got like $200. they took it away and put it in my bank account. well its under my name but not controlled by me what so ever.
i hate them. i cant wait till im 18 and leave this shit hole. 4 more years of living hell. what do i do? something realistic please. not go tell the police or anything crappy like that. but i need help. really bad. thank youu ♥

мєєяαα. ♥
εvεryτhing ι do fεεls lικε ιτs wrοng...~
http://gonerogueforever.tumblr.com/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: How much i hate my family - April 24th 2010, 10:54 AM

I know you don't want to hear this, but I do think that you need to tell someone about what is going on. Your brother is physically and emotionally abusive and that shouldn't continue. Is there a school counsellor who you could talk to? If you don't feel safe in your own house, you need to tell someone. If you honestly feel like you are "living in hell", then I don't understand why you wouldn't want to do something about that.

About your parents... I'm not sure what you can do. I think they could very easily get in trouble for taking your money and not giving you access to it. But I'm not sure of the laws where you are... I think a school counsellor is going to be your best bet, and they can tell you where to go from here.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Arrow Re: How much i hate my family - April 24th 2010, 08:06 PM

Sounds a bit like me at age 13/14. Here's an angle to look at it from. They've taken all your stuff away, dont let you go out anymore... what more can you lose strictly speaking? There's little more they can do to you beyond a certain point... and beyond that point, they've lost control of the situation. Whatever you do... they have no leverage left 'cos they've used it up.

Are they going to ground you? What if you just leave anyway? They'l ground you again? Take away your money when you have $0. If they start really abusing you then you go and report it to someone as school. I mean it.

Don't share anything with ur parents as long as they are behaving like that. Don't tell them anything about the money you get. Don't tell them about your friends... just alienate them from ur life.

I never dealt with this problem in a "grown-up" way, how the hell could I if my parents didn't act grown-up lol. If u tell your father, that you hate what's going on... and then he just starts ignoring you completely.... wtf. That's hardly grown-up.

As for your brother... if he's physically beating you, you oughta tell somebody. If he goes to the same school as you... makes good sense to tell someone at school. Its a big step, but it really helps. How did your brother force you to close ur you-tube account??? Just make another one, and dont tell him anything about it.

Bottom line... just stick to your own stuff. You will wheather it through. Whatever the hell they throw at you, don't let it get to you. If you start feeling so depressed that you almost feel like jumping off the roof... just think, why ur doing it. Is it because those **** are getting to you? Just block your emotions from them. Detach yourself. It seriously doesn't look like they want to fix any problems they have with you... and you can't fix familly problems all by yourself even if you try.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: How much i hate my family - April 27th 2010, 02:45 AM

Why is it not realistic to consider telling the police (or child protective services, or a counselor, or another trusted adult) about your current situation? If you are in REAL danger, then it seems REAListic to get help for that. Sure, you'd have to deal with some complications (giving verbal and written statements, going to family court and family therapy sessions) in the short-term... but if it resulted in improvements for the long-term, isn't it worth looking into?

Closed Thread