TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Theguy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Help please - April 26th 2010, 07:40 AM

I had a few friends over the other night, 4 girls and just one other guy, my mate Adrian.
I did something really really dumb and I'm gonna be regretting it for a very long time. I've been madly in love with one of the girls there for a little over a year now and we've always been just good friends and nothing's ever going to happen. So everytime we get together, just that group of friends I feel miserable and lonely because I just cant go up to her and hold her or hug her so I tend to try to get something from another girl.
It used to be the girl who was all over Adrian but now that she had a boyfriend, it was obviously a big no no.
I dunno what it was, maybe if it was just out of habit or cos I'm just screwed up in the head, I felt up one of my other friends, and I thought she was alright with it.
It turns out she wasn't.
It's been 2 and a bit days now and a bunch of people already know what I did. I don't go back to school for another two days so by then everyone's gonna know and everyone's gonna hate me.

I've never done anything wrong before, I've been the guy that hardly anyone really hates for years and now the second I stuff up just once everyone's turned against me. I've also been living with depression for over a year now, I'm talking to someone about it but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.
Please help, I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Help please - April 26th 2010, 08:01 AM

I think the best thing for you to do would be to apologise to the girl. Explain that you didn't mean to upset or hurt her. Whatever you do, don't blame her for not saying something about it. Tell her that what you did was a mistake and that it will never happen again and that you hope she can forgive you. Also, I don't know if this girl is uncomfortable around you now, but it might be best to apologise either over the phone or with other people around, just so she doesn't feel threatened.

Are you sure that everyone hates you for what you did? I mean, it wasn't the best thing to do, but you wouldn't be the first guy to do something like that and you could have done a lot worse (not that that makes it okay). If anyone says anything to you about it, just explain that you are really sorry for what happened and that you honestly didn't mean to upset this girl. They will appreciate the fact that you are willing to admit what you did was wrong and will hopefully be willing to forgive you.

What you did was wrong, but it was a mistake. I can see that you are genuinely sorry about it and I'm sure that your friends will as well. Please don't hate yourself for this.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread