TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

thoughts - April 30th 2010, 06:43 PM

I'm having issues deciding about what do about a friend. I could type out everything to let you all the issues and insecurties I hav, but if I did that I would also be saying all the things I love and the reasons I stay around. If that makes any sense. But the thing is, it all boils down to one thing. What should I listen to? The logic that is inside my head, or the fact that my heart won't give up, my heart still thinks there's hope but my mind knows better. So what should I listen to?

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: thoughts - April 30th 2010, 10:41 PM

Well, it's hard for me to help when you're so vague... but I would say to go with your logic. If you believe that there is little hope of salvaging your friendship, or you believe that there's an issue you'll never be able to resolve, then I say it's time to end it. Make a clean break now, vs. dragging this out for another year.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: thoughts - May 1st 2010, 02:33 AM

well the reason i dont completely post the story of it all is
a) it would be very long
b) i'm afriad that if i let you guys say your opinions then i will listen and then i might regret later on in life.
c)what if she finds that story and my view? i would be devastated.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: thoughts - May 1st 2010, 11:35 PM

There's nothing we or anyone can do to help you when all that you tell us is that you're uncertain how to deal with a certain friend but not why you are uncertain or what the situation is. It's understandable when you say you may regret what you post or do later on because we all regret things we witness or do. However, depending on the situation, the longer you wait to decide what to do, the worse it may become. Try whatever the decision is that you make and if it turns sour, then try to explain yourself, do some "damage control" and move forward.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
inalittlewhile Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: thoughts - May 2nd 2010, 01:23 AM

Going from experience - following your heart over your head doesn't always work out well. I didn't drop my friends because my heart said oh blah blah you love them but my mind said whoa wait, they treat you like shit, drop their sorry asses.

I followed my heart and semi-regret it.

I ended up getting dumpED instead of doing the dumpING. I feel like my life would have been that much easier if I ended it before it got to the point where somebody else had to do it for me.

Just my two cents, best of luck.

Closed Thread