TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ashleyinlovex3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

My Boyfriend's Parents - May 2nd 2010, 07:47 PM

Okay so ive Googledd & wikihowdd & yahooed as much as i can on "how to talk to your boyfriends parents" or "how to get your boyfriend's parents to love you".
Okay first off, they cant actually hate me because his dad is my brother's bestfriend & they hang out whenever my brother comes home to visit.
I want a relationship with his parents for these reason other then that it wouldnt really matter:
1. Me & my bf dont live in the same city/go to the same school thier the only way we can see each other...
2.I really really think this guy is the one for me & if we get married i want them to be happy for us.
3. I really actually admire them.
4. So they can stop talking about me to my boyfriend!!

Anyways, at first things were cool then things happened with "Facebook". The Gossip & Rumors website. I got a lil too close at one point posted some stuff on facebook & got told oon me & we both were in trouble. So his parents blocked my house/cell & my friend's cell number from both his cellphone & his brother's cell phone, yeah i know wow. Then things got better, something happened things got worst then things got better & his dad started bringing him over. Until one day On facebook my boyfriend was arguing with a guy that likes me n provokes my boyfriend by sayin little stuff & makes it public on my page & his...so my boyfriend got bored & fed up & decieded to argue & ofc his mom works at a school with a bunch of students with a facebook & they told her & now hes on this strict punishment. His parents asked him why did he do it he said "Im sick of all those guys at her school touching her" They suggest its the way i dress or why dont tell the teacher...wow im in highschool not elementry for one! & His dad is taking the "boys touching me" the wrong way & his dad is asking my boyfriend stupid questions like "You sure shes the one for yu? Shes letting boys touch her & not telling the teacher or her mom" & he sed nothing but i talked to my boyfriend about that & he sed hes gonna talk to his dad because he knows where im coming from, because i felt bad when my bf told me.
Im not mad or anything about it really, i juss dont want them to think of me the wrong way, any advice on what to do? His dad's birthday is tuesday im going to call ofc n say happy birthday should i talk to him then? Im pretty scared of his dad LOL...or just let him talk to him?? Im anxious here!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My Boyfriend's Parents - May 2nd 2010, 09:21 PM

It doesn't sound like your boyfriend is comfortable with the idea of standing up to his father... so it would probably be best if you took the initiative and spoke to his father over the phone. Wish him a happy birthday, then say something like "I know you're probably really busy today, but something's been on my mind, and I was wondering if I could talk to you about it". If he says yes, then start off with "I want to clear up a few misconceptions that you might have had about me...", and go from there. It would probably help if you wrote everything down on paper, just in case you become flustered and lose your train of thought. =) Good luck!

Closed Thread