TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

sick of this(please read i need advice) - May 2nd 2010, 11:16 PM

So i have A LOT of health problems and during the spring and summer my room gets VERY hot, and last summer it was so abd that i would get sick, so my dad put an air conditioning system in my window. now i get sick without AC in my room during the srping and summer, i get heat exaustion because it gets so hot in my room, now my perfectly healthy brother also has a room that gets very hot, i told my mom and dad about an air conditioning system that you can put in your window and also take it down, thats the one i'd like to have because that way i can open and close my window as i please, with the big old air conditioning unit i cant close my window. now i told my dad that i need an AC unit because i get sick, and he says well heres the thing if you get one then i have to buy nick one(nick is my brother) now i know its only fair that he has an air conditioning unit too, but i would like this air conditioning unit so i dont get sick and so i can sleep comfortably at night, nicks room gets hot but as of late afternoon his room begins to cool down and is a nice cool temature by the time we go to bed(nick usually stays up) now with my room, it stays hot, until 9-10pm, and it becomes humid in my room. without this air conditioning system i will be sitting in my room suffering getting sick and getting 0 hours of sleep, see i am physically very weak at the moment due to major set backs with my health, so i am basically in the house in my room all day, i dont want to sit in a stuffy humid room all day, i want to be comfortable, nick can have one too but i feel like i need it more then he does, how do i get my parents to understand why i bug them so much about this, i mean i know we are tight on money but i just want this one thing, it can be a cheap one for all i care as long as my room is cool throught the spring and summer i will be happy, thats all i want, any advice?

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: sick of this(please read i need advice) - May 2nd 2010, 11:20 PM

Hmm, maybe I am just not understanding, are they telling you that they won’t buy one because they can’t afford to buy two?

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: sick of this(please read i need advice) - May 3rd 2010, 12:01 AM

Tell them that your brother does not have health issues and you do, so he does not need one and you do because you get sick and you can't sleep because it's so bad, explain to them how you get sick and how bad it is for you and perhaps then they would understand and buy you one. If not just save up some of your own money and buy it yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: sick of this(please read i need advice) - May 3rd 2010, 12:41 AM

Here's what you tell your parents:

"now i know its only fair that he has an air conditioning unit too, but i would like this air conditioning unit so i dont get sick and so i can sleep comfortably at night, nicks room gets hot but as of late afternoon his room begins to cool down and is a nice cool temature by the time we go to bed(nick usually stays up) now with my room, it stays hot, until 9-10pm, and it becomes humid in my room"

What reasonable parent wouldn't accept the explanation you gave us?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: sick of this(please read i need advice) - May 3rd 2010, 08:07 PM

hmm you are all very right, i am going to try everyones ideas and thank you for the help and advice all i appreciate it very much i will let you all know how it goes, it will probably be a processe so as it goes on i will try to update as much as possible, thanks again everyone,
*hugs to all*

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: sick of this(please read i need advice)(UPDATED) - May 4th 2010, 05:56 PM

so i am getting the air conditioning unit under one condition, i have to go through every box of my crap in our guestroom and clear out the boxes in there or my mom will do it, the one thing that pisses me off is shes giving me a week after a dr appointment but i asked for to to wait until AFTER both of my upcoming appointments to give me a week since i am so stressed that i wont be able to focus on cleaning, but to no avail, i lost that battle, at least i won the air conditioning battle, i guess thats all that really matters, i just am a bit of a hoarder and i find it difficult to throw things away, i could use some advice on getting rid of things

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: sick of this(please read i need advice) - May 6th 2010, 03:48 AM

First, find out how many boxes of things you're allowed to keep. Then, sort everything into piles: what you absolutely cannot throw away, what you're uncertain about, and what you don't mind throwing away. Just keep narrowing things down, and slowly but surely, you'll get there.

Closed Thread