TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Unhappy Turning my back on my best friend. - May 4th 2010, 10:56 AM

Ok, so I've decided to turn my back on my best friend because of the way he's been treating me lately. It's going to hurt but that's my fault. He's been fucking me around a lot and I'm fucking sick of it. One minute he's saying he likes me and wants to be with me and the next he says he only wants to be friends. I feel like he's not moving on from this girl he likes even though he says he likes noone and that their only friends though shes got a boyfriend. Yeah their best friends but he's constantly talking to her on Facebook and posting stuff on her wall. She's hurt him and messed him around a lot but still I think he still likes her. I could be wrong but it just seems that way.

Turning my back on him would be so much easier for him...and me. I'll be able to move on with my life and not have to love him anymore...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Turning my back on my best friend. - May 4th 2010, 05:27 PM

I agree. Sometimes someone has to make the step and just walk away from the situation. If you just let it carry on, both of you will not be happy. It’s not fair for him to be constantly flip flopping what he wants out of a relationship with you and it has to be taking an emotional toll on you. I just think you need to explain this to him before you move on from this friendship. Let him know its not fair to you what he’s been doing and you are sick of it and that you want to let him know that you are done and he’s lost his chance. And then ask him to please respect your wishes that you no longer want to be friends with him.
Because if you don’t let him know what’s going on, he is just going to continue asking you why you’re not talking to him and that is the opposite of what you want right now. I hope everything works out.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Turning my back on my best friend. - May 4th 2010, 05:55 PM

Rianna,

I think you've made the right decision to walk away from him. It might not seem like it, but sometimes this is the best thing you can do. It doesn't mean he's a bad person, or that you're a bad person, it just means that the two of you are simply better off not causing more problems in each others lives.
Some people just can't be together without difficultly.

I do agree with Lizzie that you need to give him an explanation and explain to him your decision.
Otherwise, he might end up extremely hurt and only continue to try and be around you.

I think this is an extremely smart and mature decision, so well done. I hope everything works out well.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread