TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

I dont understand what is happening with my friend - May 10th 2010, 04:48 AM

(lets call her Tamera) Well, me and tamera had bene having some serious friendship problems through the months,
im not gonna go into much detail about this cuz i know im 50% responsible for it, but ever since she had her bday party and i madeout with my bf over there and one of her friends that was a girl shes bene toatally different. But heres the thing, its like in november we were having problems with that, then we got over it and everything was fine, i told her i was sorry and everything and shes like "dude lets just forget about that it was like, a month ago?" So i was like okay and everything was perfect, no problems or even signs of problems ever showed up for 2 months, then all of a sudden shes all pissed at me becuz i didnt always like my friend Autumn, i mean i did but theres still things that i really dont like about her.
I guess i cud say now i look back and think its rude, but how Tamera acted all about it i still find really just wrong. She controlled me and said i cud not hangout with autumn that much anymore (what?) becuz i said that. then she hangsout with autumn. We didnt talk for a month after that. then she says the same thing "forget it" But guess what? just not very long after that between me and her i find out by all of my friends shes bene talkin crap about me for months. telling everybody all i do is try to get attention (but with what?) And that she doesnt like me that much. (but yet that whole time she says shes closer to me then a lot of other people) I dont get it, i think the party thing had taken a toll on her, but at the same time i think there is more stuff behind all of that too that had nothing to do with me. and all my friends say that tamera never says why she thinks that anywayz. i told them i was thinking about sending her a message over yahoo to tell her i didnt wanna be friends anymore. And to delete her. they all toatally said "please do" i highly doubt they are lying, they hardly do and were serious about it. But then back in december when everything was fine after a month from the incident, my moms $100 necklace goes missing. my mom had asked me over and over again if i took it i said no cuz i never did. at 1st we were like, "no, tamera wouldnt do that, shes way too mature and responsible to do that" But its bene now 7 months. and wever searched the whole house 2 times, and it hasnt showed up, finnaly today my mom has come to relize i never did, and i didnt! now we are really starting to believe she really did do it. becuz heres the thing, ever since that necklace went missing, shes bene a terrible friend to me for months. and whenever she sees my mom shes now acting scared of her. like shes guilty, and its like shes jealous, gets all pissed off when i give her advise or tell her something good happened to me" she hangs up on me. it makes no sense. just, why?

Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

Me and ? = 3 days which =correct

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: I dont understand what is happening with my friend - May 10th 2010, 05:33 PM

Hey Winter,

I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. To me, Tamera sounds like a two-sided friend meaning she is nice to you in person and mean behind your back. I would recommend spending less time with her. She doesn't sound like a very positive influence on you. You are a great person and you deserve to be treated a lot better
Take care
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I dont understand what is happening with my friend - May 10th 2010, 11:48 PM

I think your friends have the right idea. When a "friend" is causing you this much stress, is it really worth keeping him/her around? Are you willing to put up with 10 bad experiences while waiting for 1 good experience? The cons definitely seem to be outweighing the pros.

I wouldn't send her a "good-bye" message via Yahoo, though. It may be easier, but it's not the most mature way to handle this situation. If you could talk to her in person, and explain that you just don't feel like you can count on her anymore, then at least you're not giving her the opportunity to say you're "causing drama". Sending her an e-mail, then deleting/blocking her, will DEFINITELY not work in your favor in the long run. If she starts harassing you afterward, then by all means, delete/block her... but at least make this a two-way conversation, and give her the chance to change her attitude toward you and this friendship.

As for the necklace... I'm sorry, but there isn't much you can do about that. It's been 7 months, and you have no way to prove that your friend took it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Re: I dont understand what is happening with my friend - May 11th 2010, 01:14 AM

Yeah, i think i may, the only reason i ever did the yahoo thing was cuz it was a weekend and i couldnt hold off till monday. i was so upset.
but its so obvious, she didnt even smile at me today even tho i did.

Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

Me and ? = 3 days which =correct

Closed Thread