TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Love09 Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy Friend Situation Sucks - May 14th 2010, 02:11 AM

well, I used to be BEST friends with this girl, and we are juniors in hs, and I thought we were past all this. But kinda all of a sudden we aren't friends anymore. She's totally wrapped up in this other friend, and so now my best friend is gone. And so I turned to another good friend, but shes having a sucky life because of family drama, and because of this friend crap, and she's sad all the time. I can see it in her eyes, and we are too much together and she can only lament our situation. She's always asking me if im ok (she maybe thinks that at anytime I will start cutting agin) and its really starting to bug me a lot. So that really leaves me with no friends that I want to hang out with for any period of time. And it really really sucks. I did tell my previous best friend basically what I thought (nicely) about what was going on, but since she didn't change her behavior, I am kinda taking that as a sign that she's not going to change anytime soon. And it is making me kinda upset and depressed. What do I do?

Love everyone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Friend Situation Sucks - May 14th 2010, 04:56 AM

So you only have two friends at the moment? If that's the case, then maybe it's time to meet new ones! Join a club/organization, get involved in something you're passionate (or even just curious) about, and you'll already have something in common with the people around you. If you have other friends, but you just aren't close to them, then maybe now would be a good time to strengthen your friendships.

I know that you want to be able to count on your two friends... but the reality is that they can't ALWAYS be there for you. You need a network of people whom you can count on, not just one or two people.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Friend Situation Sucks - May 14th 2010, 06:32 AM

lol. i'm in this situation. honestly you have to realize that if they arnt willing, then why should you be? have 50/50 friendship and nothing else. and if your not getting that then go and make new friends, it'll make you feel better.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Love09 Offline
Not a n00b

May 15th 2010, 06:48 AM

I dont have any close friends anymore. Actually I have a huge group of friends, 7-10 that I could go to, but the sad one is kinda holding me back. Idk, its very complicated to explain because I think we have a somewhat unique situation of friends. thanks tho!

thanks, yeah im not getting a 50/50 here. Its hard to let go, and I could do it easier, except I dont have anyone else really. Not anyone I can be friends with without making it complicated with the sad friend. thanks tho, you helped me realize that my friend thing is not good.

Love everyone

Last edited by PSY; May 15th 2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

Closed Thread