TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

I feel jealous of my friend - May 22nd 2010, 04:18 AM

I've never felt jeleous of anybody but i have this friend ( shes my cousin too) and we basically grew up together went to the same elementary, middle and high schools we had the same classes etc, etc, we always go out together but all the time were together she gets all the attention, she is really pretty, skinny and has a nice body, dresses nicely all the time, im not bad looking myself but when she is with me everybody just looks at her and stuff and i kind of get a little bit jealous, like today we went to Barn and Nobles and some guy said " beautiful lady" I love her very much, she is a sweetheart but what can i do to stop feeling this?

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I feel jealous of my friend - May 23rd 2010, 09:57 PM

Accept that there will always be people who are more beautiful than you. I know that's an obvious statement, but honestly, what else can you do? Jealousy is a different thing to overcome, and the only way I was able to do so was by changing my way of thinking. It's pointless to compare myself to others, because I'll never be "the best" at anything. It's also pointless for my friends to compare themselves to ME, because there will always be things that I'M better at.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Re: I feel jealous of my friend - May 25th 2010, 03:45 AM

There are always the more good looking people. I do this a lot too. But Theres not really another way to say it, as the person above did. Everyone is beautiful, but people (such as the person who called her beautiful lady at the store) might not know the beautiful part of you. Don't compare yourself, that will only make you think negatively about yourself.

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired

Closed Thread