TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
daisy18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Emotional Anguish - June 5th 2010, 07:09 PM

I am being emotionally tortured by my family, but my mother in particular. She split my family up after having an affair for 10 years, and I suffer from anxiety which has now lead to depression and I donít want to go on anymore. I lost my job a while ago, I donít see any friends anymore and my father is nonexistent. My mother tells me I am worthless, to get a life, and she is emotionally torturing me by going away every weekend and holidays all the time, knowing that I am sitting staring at the same 4 walls, ready to leave this world. She lets the new person square up to me, and then make out that I am lying about it, and anything that happens to me is brought on by myself.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Emotional Anguish - June 5th 2010, 11:06 PM

Hello, Daisy. First of all, welcome to TeenHelp! =) I am so glad that you felt comfortable enough to share your story with us.

Is there any possibility of re-connecting with your father? Do you have any older siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents that would be willing to take you in? When your parents split up and went to a judge, s/he wouldn't have awarded custody to your mom unless s/he believed that your mother would take care of you. Since that is obviously not the case, I think you could contact the police or CPS and argue that your mother is guilty of child negligence. That might be enough to award custody to your father, another relative, or to have you placed in foster care temporarily.

I know it's not the best of situations to be in, and the alternatives aren't too pleasant, either... but you seem to be aware that your mother's actions are taking a toll on you. She's neglecting you, despite knowing your current mental state of health. At the very lease, you should be able to get the psych services you need, without your mother trying to convince the new therapist that you're making everything up. Getting the police or CPS involved could help in that regard. Being placed in someone else's care could ensure a healthier home environment and regular appointments with a therapist.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: Emotional Anguish - June 6th 2010, 04:08 AM

I'm glad your posting on here .
Try to think that its not your fault & Living with your mother won't last forever & You'll get alot better.
Is their anybdoy eles you can go live with or talk to about this?

Closed Thread