TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Noelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I've lost my best friend. - February 12th 2009, 09:57 PM

My best friend's ex and me like each other and my best friend got really upset about it. She doesn't talk to me anymore. And my other best friends don't either. I feel so alone, I hide it but it hurts.They've replaced me with this other girl that they don't even really like. And my best friend also said some really mean things to me during this so I don't really even want to talk to her anymore, but it still makes me so sad. I cry every night.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 13th 2009, 01:00 AM

if they get mad over that and cant find it in their hearts to forgive u then they were never really friends. especially if they replaced u with a girl that they dont even like. dont let them get to u. your better than them.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 13th 2009, 07:07 AM

hey noelle. i think that your friends dont really understand that it isnt a choice to like someone and it HAPPENS naturally. hence, your best friend actually, if she is truly a friend, will understand your feelings about this and still put the friendship above all else.

i know that its very bad of them to say those mean things to you.. but just dont worry too much about it. remember, dont let this get you down.. we know that you're in no way in a wrong and we're going to support you and bring you back up again.

in case you need someone to talk to, remember we're all up for chatting

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 13th 2009, 11:55 PM

I'm in your boat -- I slept with my best friend's crush, and we both knew it was wrong and also knew she was diggin on him something fierce, but we kept it a secret. Then she found out, and not only did I lose her, but I lost a bunch of people. And to make matters worse, they paraded the internet making direct challenges and accusations about my moral character.

From experience, I'd let the steam from the old relationship clear before making any movements. No boy is worth a friendship. I learned that the hard way :/

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Noelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 17th 2009, 07:25 PM

So how do you nicely tell someone that you can't talk to them anymore?
I have to do that .

I've decided that I should probably try to make amends with my friend, and 'forget' about the guy. Unfortunately, the guy likes me. It's going to be very, very hard for me to do this. I just hope whatever I do ends up being worthwhile.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 17th 2009, 09:48 PM

Hi Noelle,

I think you should talk to your friends about this before you stop talking to the guy that likes you. Make sure that they understand that you value their friendship and that you would rather spend time with them that that other guy. Be sure that this is what you want as well. If it isn't, then tell them that and still tell them that you would like to be friends. They may not like that, but there are plenty of ways to make new friends as well.

When and if you explain to this guy the situation, then be sure to tell him the reason and that you don't want to lose your friends. He should value your decision.

I really hope this turns out for you. It's never fun losing friends over this kind of thing.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Noelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 17th 2009, 09:53 PM

Thank you very much for your reply .
I guess my greatest worry here, is that I don't want to 'give in' to my friend, since she was really mean to me. But I also don't want to be a bad friend. So I'm stuck in the middle.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 18th 2009, 03:47 AM

your reply shows that you're a good friend for caring so much just remember that whatever decision you make, you've our support .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Noelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 19th 2009, 08:55 PM

Thanks so much. How should I tell him? It's hard.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 19th 2009, 10:55 PM

You should just be honest with him. That's the best way to go about it. Make sure you don't tell him over email or phone, though. Talking to him in person is the best way to go. It sounds like he cares about you, so if you explain what's happening, I'm sure he'll understand.

It's difficult to do this, but if it's what you think is best, then just go for it. And as Darren said, you have our support.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Noelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 22nd 2009, 03:45 AM

Yesterday I called him and asked him if we could talk. We went on a walk and I told him how I felt and he said he understood and now we are not going to be friends anymore. I feel really sad. And I miss him. But I guess you have to make sacrifices for your friends sometimes.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 22nd 2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle View Post
Yesterday I called him and asked him if we could talk. We went on a walk and I told him how I felt and he said he understood and now we are not going to be friends anymore. I feel really sad. And I miss him. But I guess you have to make sacrifices for your friends sometimes.
Noelle I think that was very noble thing you did. I would talk to your friend about it, well not right away of course let time pass a bit and tell her that you broke up with this guy because you knew she wouldn't be happy with it. Always remember good friends are rare and men...are like a dime a dozen.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 23rd 2009, 11:33 AM

sometimes things like this happen.. but i feel that you did the right thing . and no matter what, remember you've us as friends and that fact's gonna stay alright

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
helped Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 27th 2009, 08:54 AM

Good friends are difficult to find. i know you are very sad in this time because he is your best friend. whats the problem to your friend? i think he had irritate from your other friends. if hes your good friend then he come back to you. you dn't feeling alone.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Noelle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 28th 2009, 03:01 AM

gahhhhh. I miss him =[

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've lost my best friend. - February 28th 2009, 07:11 AM

stuff like this happens.. just remember the one thing : once you make a TRUE friend.. they're going to be there for good

i'm sure there's many of them waiting to know you.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread