TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Popo Offline
Resident Nerd
Average Joe

Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 19th 2010, 12:21 PM

Slightly Strong Language Ahead, You have been warned.

My best friend pisses me off. Often, it seems.
We've been friends for about 7 years now, and more recently, he's been testing my patience.

1: He's been calling a girl a whore, and picking on her constantly, making her cry on numerous occasions. I know the girl, and even though I'm not close to her, it angers me.
2: He nearly made a (now) close friend of mine kill herself, due to his mistakes. He started dating a good friend of mine (due to me), and soon after, got close to another girl in another town. Loooong story short, he ended up having sex with the other girl, and making multiple promises to keep her safe/happy/etc. Well, it blew up in his face, and the other girl began telling his girlfriend the whole truth. He started calling the other girl a slut, lying bitch, etc., and even told her to kill herself several times. She almost did, several times. I helped her every time. She still hasn't gotten over it, and neither has he. He's made remarks about wanting to kill her himself before, and I told her one thing: If she ended up killing herself over this, I'd hold him responsible for it, and I'd make him pay. She didn't agree, blaming it on herself, but I still hold to that statement. If her death is in any way related to him, I'm coming for blood.
3: (this one may be none of my business) He overreacted when his girlfriend (briefly) spoke to a boy on a trip. For one, He's the one that cheated in the full sense behind her back, and two, her best friend is basically dating the boy she spoke to. He made his girlfriend cry over it, and I was angered. Again.
I'm the whole reason they're even dating in the first place (They've told me that), and No matter what's happened, she hasn't dumped him yet. I personally don't think he deserves her anymore, but maybe I'm just poking my head in personal matters. Whatever.

The worst part is: I'm basically living at his house for the summer, and he's sitting across from me while I type this. I'm far too forgiving for my own good.

Favorite Quote: "Never to suffer would never to have been blessed" -Edgar Allan Poe
  Send a message via MSN to Popo Send a message via Yahoo to Popo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 19th 2010, 10:54 PM

So talk to him about this, and tell him. Speak with him, have a heart to heart with him. When you see him mistreating people stop him from continuing. Stand up for those people he is hurting.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 19th 2010, 11:33 PM

If hes sitting there, I would like to say that he is a total jackass, and that everything bad that has happened is his fault and that he doesnt deserve anyone if hes gonna think that way and do those things.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Popo Offline
Resident Nerd
Average Joe

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 21st 2010, 07:20 AM

I think I'm going to put the third one in a new thread, it's escalated since I posted last.

And it's not easy to get through to him about anything. Trying to change his mind is like trying to argue with a wall. Not to mention I have a hard time talking about this kind of stuff normally.

Favorite Quote: "Never to suffer would never to have been blessed" -Edgar Allan Poe
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Danzy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 22nd 2010, 02:24 AM

I think u should realli talk to him about this because its affecting u and others. && to be clear it seems like he realli doesn't care a bout none of those girls or he wouldn't be doin the stuff he's doing now.

ღ▫You'll never leave where you are until [you] decide where you'd rather be▫ღ
  Send a message via MSN to Danzy  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Popo Offline
Resident Nerd
Average Joe

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 22nd 2010, 02:53 AM

I can't bring myself to talk to him about it. I know him well, and I know he's not going to take it in stride. He's going to end up aggressively disagreeing, which will end up in an argument, which will end in a temporary break from being near him. I have trouble enough talking about it here, let alone in person, let alone my best friend.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 23rd 2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popo View Post
I can't bring myself to talk to him about it. I know him well, and I know he's not going to take it in stride. He's going to end up aggressively disagreeing, which will end up in an argument, which will end in a temporary break from being near him. I have trouble enough talking about it here, let alone in person, let alone my best friend.
You just have to stand up for those guys he hurts when he's doing it.
But you just have to stand up for them.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 23rd 2010, 02:18 PM

Talk to him about it. I don't get why you would want to be friends with him when he keeps hurting people.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Popo Offline
Resident Nerd
Average Joe

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 23rd 2010, 06:47 PM

I talked to his girlfriend last night about it, and she helped me a bit. And I heard him talking to her about it (I don't think she mentioned me though) over the phone, and I don't think it went well.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Danzy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Best Friend, Biggest Stress - June 25th 2010, 04:57 AM

well atleast u tried and she did.. But if he continues like that he eventually goin to lose the ones who loves and cares about him the most

ღ▫You'll never leave where you are until [you] decide where you'd rather be▫ღ
  Send a message via MSN to Danzy  
Closed Thread