TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Butterfly123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marisa

2 against 1 - June 25th 2010, 10:25 AM

My 2 best friends and I have been friends for a long time way before they started to date each other. Now that they have been a couple for almost 3 months I have been feeling left out. They never text me anymore. When I text them they tell me to not text them because they are hanging out with each other. They aren't very open up to me anymore. When we hang out it's like i'm not even there they are in their own little worlds. I can't even hang out with my guy best friend one on one without my other girl friend gettin jealous because that's her man. They just shut out everyone and pay attention to each other and it's not fair for me because they are the only real close friends that I always thought would be there for me. Now I feel i'm losing them and there is nothing I can do. I have talked to both of them about this and they still havent changed the way they have been acting. What should I do, please help me.

We were given two hands to hold, two legs to walk, two eyes to see, two ears to listen, but why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else for us to find <33

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: 2 against 1 - June 25th 2010, 04:45 PM

Like you said, you've talked to them and nothing has changed. To put it bluntly, it shows that they either don't care or they don't see an issue with what they are doing. Right now they are caught up in the "hey, we're dating" side of things and it'll be hard for them to realize that they are leaving you on the outside. If and when they break up, things may change, but it isn't something to wait around for.

It's unfair for you to have to wait around and see if they'll change, you deserve better than that. I would hang out with them if the opportunity presents itself but I would also not be against finding other friends as well.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: 2 against 1 - June 25th 2010, 05:30 PM

I agree with Steph. Right now, they're both caught up in the "honeymoon" stage, where their significant other is all that matters. When you're young, that stage can persist for much longer than it would for an older teen or adult (when I was dating my ex-boyfriend at 15 years old, it took me about six months to get my head out of the clouds and re-connect with my friends).

I also agree with her idea to keep them in your life, while looking for new friends over the summer break. If they make an active effort to hang out with you... great! But don't chase after them. Instead, focus your efforts on finding people who aren't caught up in new relationships, people who can appreciate your friendship. =) Easier said than done, I know... but try joining a new club or organization this summer, and befriend the people there! You'll already have one thing in common, so you can start the conversation there and then see what else you have in common. =D

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: 2 against 1 - June 26th 2010, 12:36 AM

Try to tell them one last time how you feel then just wait.
They proably really don't relize what their doing, since their in that "puppy love" stage. Do you have any other friends that you can try hanging out more?
This may be a great time to make new friends, while your old friends are all dazed in "puppy love".

Closed Thread