TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Unhappy My Real Friends - June 26th 2010, 09:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

They've been ignoring me.
Ever since we went to a theme park for a end-of-the-year trip, they got angry and isolated me.
We were gonna go on a ride there, and we were all determined to ride it all together.As we were getting to the top, I started to fear everything, from the ride and it's malfunctions, to the ground and the plants nearby.
I backed out. I didn't want to go. They wanted to force me on. I resisted and left them. They were pissed off all the way till now. And they won't talk to me.
There was one friend who couldn't go and I told her about it. She took pity on me and stopped talking to me.
So now, I'm all alone in my HT. My web friends are nice and they understand. But they're not all online all the time. And I get so alone, it's unbearable.
I'm so down, and it's mostly 'cause of my MIs. That's the only reason why they're calling me the most craziest.
They won't listen to a thing I tell them.
It just brings me so down.
No one will listen. So why hope that they will respond?
I hate it. I hate it all.

Also,
I want to say about my family, since it is fam and friends.
My mom, she just broke up with this guy she doesn't know 'cause my sis didn't like what she was doing, and now my mom's hooking up with another.
I had a giant bruise from falling while roller skating and my mom was like, oh, I'll cure it... then her cell phone rings (the guys she hooks up only talk on her cell) and she goes to talk with them instead of curing me.
I had to cure myself.
And my dad, the girl he's seeing broke up with him and he got so sad, she was in the groove of not talking.
It was disturbing.
And my sis keeps criticizing me, no matter what I do.
It doesn't matter what I do, what I say, nothing will change.
I hate this dysfunctional family (what my sis calls it). I hate it and want to be out of it.
Maybe go away from the house for some while.
But I can't.
They won't let me.
I hate it all.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: My Real Friends - June 26th 2010, 02:03 PM

Your family isin't that "dysfunctional"
Everbody just seems a bit love struck or lust struck.
Have you tried talking to your friends about what happend back their?
I'm sure theirs still not mad, maybe it just seems that wy.
If their your friends I'm sure their understand later on.

Are you saying your family won't let you leave the house at all?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My Real Friends - June 26th 2010, 10:54 PM

Well, we have to much fights too.
It's unbearable.
Well, I have been trying to talk with them.
Especially about then.
Yesterday I tried.
They flipped me off and ignored me, saying it was just a stupid excuse.
And yeah, I mean they won't let me out of the house. Like, I could go somewhere nice, like a park or the library, but they won't let me go by myself, no matter what I say, no matter what the therapist say.

YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My Real Friends - June 29th 2010, 06:52 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. =( Many people are afraid of roller coasters, heights, etc. Your friends seem immature, and unwilling to accept that some people have particular fears which they cannot "force" a person to get over. Perhaps there is something else about that event that ticked them off? Maybe it wasn't that you were unwilling to ride the roller coaster, so much as it was your reaction afterward? Maybe they feel like you were being overly dramatic, or that you backed out of a promise? I'm not saying it's right for them to hold those things against you... but perhaps, if you changed your approach, they might be willing to talk. Instead of saying "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid of roller coasters" or "I'm sorry, but you were forcing me to do something I didn't want to", you could say something like "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings... can we talk about it?" or "I really want to fix things between the two of us... what can I do to make things right?".

As for your family, I know how you feel... but unfortunately, that's just how things are when your parents are divorced. Your mom AND your dad sound lovestruck, and all you can really do is wait it out. Your mom seems to love you, but right now, her boyfriend is going to take IMMEDIATE priority. That does NOT mean that, in the long run, you're #2... you are her daughter, after all. What I would do is try to not take those things so personally... she's bound to stop whatever she's doing in order to talk to her boyfriend every now and then. When you have a boyfriend in the future, you'll probably do the same thing when you're hanging out with friends! What you could try is asking for a "mother-daughter" day once per week, where the two of you spend a good part of the day together, with your cell phones off. =) That way, your mom will know you're not just being selfish and asking her to give up time with her boyfriend... you'll also be giving up time with your friends and father.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My Real Friends - June 29th 2010, 08:17 AM

Actually, I did approach them that way. I asked them if I offended them in any way and I apologized and, well, that was their reaction.
And the mother-daughter thing: see, it's harder then it seems. The only words we exchange nowadays is "do you want to use the computer now?"
And I can't ask her to turn off the phone. She treats that as if it was her daughter. She gives the damn phone priority. When I do try to ask her, she yells at me, and it's not too...delightful when she does that.
And tomorrow's my real birthday. I know she won't celebrate with me. Actually, my whole family, even the distant cousins, kept reminding me of it. All but my mom.
And I don't even hang out with my family. They're all just too busy for me. My sister's working on her summer homework, my dad's usually at work, or asleep, and my mom, well, she's too busy for anyone.
Hell, I try to talk to her, all she says is "I don't care."

WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: My Real Friends - June 29th 2010, 10:52 PM

I'm sorry about what is going on.
But things will get better.

Maybe its best to move on & look for new friendds.
Not everbody is like that.
I'm sure theirs plenty of people around you that don't like rollercosters.

Have you tried talking to your dad or sister about how your feeling?
Just give it a try, don't give up ok.

Closed Thread