TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
carrot Offline
love one another
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: sidney

hmm.. just a little insecurity.. - June 27th 2010, 06:49 AM

So sorry this kidna long! Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!!
so i consider this girl my best friend. were not the kind of people that glue themselves to eachothers hips, but i trust her more than anyone and i tell her stuff i've never told anyone. shes a few years older than me and i've really been able to depend on her for support and stuff, something i have never had in anyone else before. and i hate the idea of leeching off of someone, and i try my best to be there for her too and listen to her or help her however i can. and i think i can honestly say that i have been able to.

so the other day i was out of town for a few days and was missing an event that was being put on by our little school club thing. so i wanted to call her and see how it went, and i kinda just wanted to share the moment with her. she didnt answer, but shes the kind of person that doesnt always have her phone with her and i knew she would call back when she could. but its been a few days and she hasnt called back. i even got a generic group text from her the other day about next weeks club meeting, so i know she's checked her phone and she's seen my missed call. if it were me, i would never just ignore someone's call, even if it WAS someone i really didnt want to talk to. at the very least, i'd text them and tell them sorry im busy. maybe to her, she's not intentionally being rude or uncaring, but to me she is. i really want to talk to her but i feel like if she wanted to talk to me and see why i called, she'd call back, and i feel like i'd just be bothering her by calling her again.

i'm thinkin my problem might just be that im not as important to her as she is to me? i mean, she's super important to me and nothing could ever make me stop loving her, but it still sucks when i feel like she doesnt care. and i cant help but think that maybe the problem is that im not really a good friend for her but just an annoyance, and she'd be happier without having to answer my calls or tend to my needs. and after ranting like this, i cant help but think im insecure and overreacting. does it sound like im being unreasonable? maybe too clingy?

Iloveyou is a strong word.
you should only say it if you really mean it.
but if you do mean it, you should say it often.

people forget.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: hmm.. just a little insecurity.. - June 27th 2010, 07:48 AM

Did you leave a voicemail? You don't mention it, so I assume you didn't. Maybe she has just assumed that your call wasn't important and that if you wanted her to call back then you would have left a message? Or that since you didn't leave a message, you would be calling back later? Maybe she assumes that since you are out of town, you might be busy and she doesn't want to bother you? There are a million reasons why she might not call back, and most of them aren't because she doesn't like you.

I do think you might be over-reacting a little bit. Don't worry, I've been there too. But worrying about being insecure or being too clingy usually just makes things worse. If she had a problem with you, I'm sure she would tell you or at least make it extremely obvious. Just call her back.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: hmm.. just a little insecurity.. - June 27th 2010, 09:59 PM

She just might be busy.
She might be really involed with summer or having a hard she doesn't want to talk about.
Don't always asume.
Just bring it up with her & try callling her again

Closed Thread