TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angel Charms Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nidhi

Help out my best friend - June 28th 2010, 04:26 PM

A Big "Hi" to all the users!

I don't know if I should be writing this or not but I really need help for this matter! This is about my best friend. We both were together from the age of five. We studied in the same school, lived in the same neighborhood and, shared everything.

But time didn't favor our friendship. At the age of nine I had to leave the town and so, we were separated but the bound of friendship was still the same in our hearts.
Time couldn't win over our friendship. After 7 years of separation, we met again in 2009 only to find that she had changed.
Although she was best friend to me, now I didn't matter her. She started ignoring me. After sometime I found the reason behind her constant neglection.

She had a Boyfriend. Now that was quite a normal thing for a girl of her age but the problem is that the age of the boy is 26. 10 years older to that of my friend. I really don't like the intention of the boy. He doesn't only try to get sexual orientations from my friend but also provoke her towards her family. I am also sure that beside my friend he has 2 more girlfriends. At the age when my friend should put her heart towards studies, she is madly in love with this guy and thus, she is getting collapsed in studies.

I tried to make her understand the fact but she isn't ready to listen to me. Last week, on my birthday, we had big fight over this issue and now we aren't on the talking terms with each other. I don't want to leave my friend with that cheater...What should I do???

PLEASE DO LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS...IT CAN REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Thanks in advance
With warm regards,
Nidhi

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sincitysoul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: DK

Re: Help out my best friend - June 28th 2010, 04:39 PM

Hi Nidhi

sounds like you and your friend have hit a rough patch in your friendship. If you've suggested to her that she leave her boyfriend, and she refuses, then you've pretty much done all you can do. Continuously telling her that may just make her more upset, forcing a bigger wedge between the two of you.

Just let her know that you are there for her - to be her friend, confidant, anything. Let her know how much you care for her, and that you only have her best interests at heart.

I know how tough this situation is - if you ever need to vent, my inbox is open

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Help out my best friend - June 28th 2010, 05:47 PM

Hi
Take this from experience, if you already told her you don’t her boyfriend and she didn’t listen don’t try to force her to leave him or anything because chances are she wont. People learn from their mistakes and if you really see that he is not good for her maybe she will find out later and need someone there just try to be understanding. Hope I helped.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Angel Charms Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nidhi

Re: Help out my best friend - June 28th 2010, 08:36 PM

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for taking out your precious time and posting your valuable advice.
I really needed that. Although its going to be hard for me to see my friend fall in ditch but then I think,I don't have any option left!
Thanks a lot.

Take Care
Nidhi

Extraordinary: it is the "extra" that make us more than ordinary.

Take CaRe
Nidhi

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: Help out my best friend - June 28th 2010, 09:30 PM

I'd say give it some time & then have talk with her.
Tell her you just don't want to see her get hurt but shes got to learn one way & life her own life.

Closed Thread