TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Question Was it wrong of me? - June 30th 2010, 05:08 AM

So I've posted about these peopple abit before.
I'll give a bit history first.

A is girl we use to be really close. Like sisters. We talked about everthing under the sun. Then alot of drama happend. She was datting a pedofile. The police asked me about him. I told them what I knew. Casue what their were doing is wrong. She is 14/15 with 27/28 year old allready having annual sex & pissing on eachotehr. I knew he had been with other girls.
So after that happend so choose to make up lies about me & talk trash about me. Then rencly she applizged for everthing. That was a Lie it turns out. I tried talking to her & get my money for cds she owes me back. She just turned all crazy on facbook message. Yea so we aruged for a while then Ened it.

We both sorva have this mutal friend J. J was like my other sister too. Same as A. J for the longest time was on my side about this whole thing. But then J decide to go back & be her friend again. The one problem I have with this is I told J how can you be all best friends her again when all she does is talk shit about me & lie to me & get you grouned al lthe time. (Everytime J gets in trouble its A's fault) Then it turns out J had to talk to the police to about A's pedofile boyfriend. She bent the truth to proctect him, casue he's a nice guy. That made me sick.

So basily I'm not going to be as tight with J anymore. Is it wrong of me for doing that. It just hurts so much. When I'v done so much for J. But I woudn't be friends with Sombody that would talk trash about J or dis J all the time.......

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Was it wrong of me? - June 30th 2010, 06:16 PM

I wish I could remember the exact quote... but basically, it says that we can judge people by the kinds of friends they have. Obviously, you don't want to be associated with A and her pedophile boyfriend. Even if J is friends with them, that doesn't mean YOU have to hang out with them.

J, on the other hand, is a more complicated matter. She seems to believe A and her boyfriend aren't all that bad (maybe she didn't lie to the police - she may not have seen any physical proof of his being a pedophile?). People DO make mistakes... but at some point, you have to decide when it's time to call it quits, versus forgiving them once again.

In the end, it's up to you. It's good to be forgiving... but only to a certain extent. At some point, you have to say "enough is enough". Whether or not this is that point, however, is something I can't decide for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Was it wrong of me? - July 1st 2010, 04:52 AM

It is understandable what you did. Now just continue trying to show your friend that she did wrong fro bending the truth.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread