TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BUDDY=ME=JAZZBANDGEEK
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Achava Elah

Exclamation My "friend" dont even know if she counts as one... - February 13th 2009, 11:20 PM

My "friend" Hannah is sleeping over tonight. I love her sister, Clara who is also over, and Hannah is only over cause she is forced. She hasn't talked to me at all. She never calls or texts or anything. Its so awkward I can't stand it Its so horrible! Any advice? I am currently avoiding her by hiding in my room....... Its making me want to cry and cut.......

"Others say there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just say Crud, there isn't... I'm stuck in this stupid revolving door..." -Me
PM me anytime you want to talk about anything.And I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!
Formerly achava_elah_18

Been in love since May 2008

Fellow SI,Autism-Spectrum,Depression,Anxiety,Musical,Trichotilloman ia Person. Basically, I'm ME!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: My "friend" dont even know if she counts as one... - February 14th 2009, 03:21 AM

Hey Achava,

I don't mean to sound rude in saying this at all but, Hannah doesn't sound like a 'friend' to me. As for getting through the night, hang out with Clara if you like her. You don't need to hang out with anyone that makes you feel bad. You don't need to do that to yourself. Try and make it through the night and avoid her if possible. As for after the sleepover, if I were you, I'd stop being friends with her. If she is going to make you feel bad, that isn't a very good friend in my eyes. You might want to confront her about it first. Maybe she can explain it. But, if she is going to ignore you and treat you badly, don't bother with people like that.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My "friend" dont even know if she counts as one... - February 14th 2009, 05:21 AM

If she doesn't want to talk fine. Have fun with Clara while respecting Hannah's decision. Hannah will feel less pressured then and she will make the move and join in on the fun.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My "friend" dont even know if she counts as one... - February 14th 2009, 03:26 PM

Hi Achava,

It would be a good idea if you focused on having fun with Clara right now. She sounds like a good friend and I'm sure she would like to spend time with you. As for Hannah, just respect her space, but that doesn't mean you need to spend the whole time with her.

Try to keep your mind on things you can do with Clara instead. Watch a movie or play a game, that way it will keep your mind off of other things.

All the best to you,
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jasna Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jasna

Re: My "friend" dont even know if she counts as one... - February 14th 2009, 06:08 PM

Hi,

Does it seem like she doesn't like you, or does it just seem like she doesn't know you very well? Because you're friends with her sister, it might feel like you're "Clara's friend" rather than "her friend" and she might feel a bit awkward and shy because of that. When I was younger, me and my older brother had shared friends because we were both around the same age, and there were moments which were awkward because I felt like an outsider intruding on my brother being with his friends. That's not the case any more, it was all a question of growing up.

If that seems to be the case, make a special effort every so often to include her and talk to her and see if that helps. Try and get rid of the awkwardness. However, if it doesn't seem like that and it just seems like she doesn't want to be her friend, focus on having fun with Clara and try to enjoy the sleepover despite that. I wouldn't confront the issue directly in that case, in case it makes matters worse and you have an argument or something, which would be unpleasent for all concerned.

Good luck =)

Closed Thread