TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xoxbridgyxox Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

what to do if my mom doesnt love me - July 9th 2010, 08:07 AM

my mom was never the one to care about me. in the second born child out of three. im the only girl and have an older brother and a younger brother. my parents are divorced and my mom is never home anymore. my mother and i never get along, and i try so hard for her to love me but nothing ever works. when a graduated from high school a month ago, she didnt even tell me that she was proud of me. she never really did. we would always get into fights and she would always slap me in the face and call me a bitch and tell me that she doesnt care about me and that im worthless. we once got in a fight and she poured a whole bag of cat litter on me. then she locked me out of the house, laughed at me, and i was screaming because i had to go to the bathroom and she locked me out for a while and told me to clean all HER mess up. she told me that she wanted to push me down my flight of stairs. she is kicking me out this weekend because i dont have a job, even though i am trying my hardest to find one. she tells me that i cant live at home if i dont have a job. but i have no money and no place to go. i have to live with my dad but he lives in a one bedroom apartment. she tells me that i have to pay rent to live at home. she said the money would go towards the food that i eat, the water and electricity. i never eat at my house and i am never home. she is such a sad excuse for a parents. trying to mooch off her own daughter. my mom has never really boughten me anything and i never ever ask anything out of her. she treats me so bad, but when it comes to my little brother, she treats him with so much respect and cares and buys him anything he wants whenever he asks. if i even ask for money for tampons or pads, she yells at me and tells me hell no. but my brother asks for an xbox 360 and got it. she buys him all brand new clothes and shoes and anything he wants, but i never get anything. she always tells me that she doesnt love me and its not fair. she treats my older brother so good too and its not fair. why cant she be nice to me. i dont wanna leave my house, my town, where all my friends are and where all my stuff is. i try being nice for her and doing whatever i can to get some attention and some love but nothing ever works. i try spending time with her but she never wants to spend time with me. i never get invited out to places when its her and my brothers. she always acts like im never here and i feel like a ghost in my own home. she expects me to clean up after her and be her maid and everyone elses maid in the house, but never asks my younger brother to do anything. he could sit on the couch playing his video games all day and she wont ask him to do one thing, but if im busy and have places to be, she makes me do everything. when i tell her that its not fair that i do everything around the house and that he should do something, she said that he will " do his chores later" or " he will have chores tomorrow" which is always a lie. i dont know what to do anymore. all i want is love from my mother.. is that too much to ask?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: what to do if my mom doesnt love me - July 9th 2010, 08:51 PM

I'm really sorry about your mom.
I would say go stay with your dad.
She is abusive & not safe to life with.

Now even with your moms bitter attutde torwds you she may still love you in a fucked up way. But its not the love your most likly looking for. & its not to much to ask for but you simply cannot please her so stop trying. Look outfor youself.
Can you go stay with your older brotether then? & what does he have to say about the way she treats you & what does your dad have to say about it?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
caitielady Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what to do if my mom doesnt love me - July 19th 2010, 01:42 AM

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I know that this must not be an easy decision for you. Have you considered living with your father? You have to look out for your well being. If your mother is treating you this way and you have another option, maybe you should really consider taking it. Like StabMyHeartLover said, your mother may love you in her own messed up way. Despite your mother's feelings, As a human being you have the right to feel safe and cared for which you aren't getting in your current enviroment.

Closed Thread