TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Do I try to fix things or tell her off? - July 14th 2010, 10:16 PM

I really don't know what to do about one of my (former) friends. We were best friends for a while but things fell apart and the whole situation is kind of in limbo right now. She started hanging out with some kids who liked to drink and party and stuff, and basically phased me out as her friend because I bored her and annoyed her (I was depressed and honestly was too attached and dependent). I apologized to her endlessly for that but she just kept being shitty towards me.

We stopped talking for a while but recently became "civil" again. I asked her to hang out a few weeks ago and she said sure but then backed out a few hours before we were supposed to meet up and asked if we could reschedule. I said ok and asked her again a week later but she never responded. I don't know what to think. I liked being friends with her but I'm still so angry that she never apologized and still seems to be treating me like crap for no reason.

Most of the people I ask have just said to forget her and move on, but I tried doing that for 2 years and I still couldn't get over my anger. I either want to put it past us and be friends, or seriously tell her off and hope it actually hits her how shitty she's been. Because this whole in-between thing with me being upset and her apparently not caring at all how much she hurt me or the fact that we lost a great friendship is horrible and I can't stand continuing it like this.

I'm just afraid that if I tell her off, I'm going to end up regretting it because there's no way we'll be able to be friends after that. But on the other hand, if I do try to be friends with her again and she treats me the same way yet again, I'm afraid I'll be even worse off. I don't know what to do!

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
alih15 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: alison

Re: Do I try to fix things or tell her off? - July 14th 2010, 10:44 PM

omg! same exact thing happened with me..

sooo i went the telling her off route. it actually worked, because it gave my best friend a reality check and she realized what she was doing and stopped and apologized and everything. but i guess it really depends because if u tell her off and she gets mad, then that could be very bad. If you do end up telllin her off make sure to do it in person not thru text (it has more of an affect that way)

or maybe you could just talk to her about it instead of just straight out tellin her how horrible shes being, just express how you feel about the situation to her. If she doesnt come back to being your best friend, dont do anything stupid to try to "win her back" by getting involved with the drinking/drugs that her other friends are into.
hope this helps a bit. i'm always here to talk

What lies behind us
and what lies before us
are small matters compared
to what lies within us.

just got a formspring! ask me stuff
http://www.formspring.me/allifaith
  Send a message via Skype™ to alih15 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Do I try to fix things or tell her off? - July 15th 2010, 12:12 AM

Tell her how shitty she's been, and then tell her that if she wants to try one more time, she knows where you are. Don't expect anything though, but it'll be a nice line under all of it.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread