TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mz.Outgoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Broken Friendship - July 15th 2010, 07:30 AM

I have 2 best friends, and i love them 2 death but we have very conflicting personalties.. We have been friends for a really long time, and i would do anything for them.. Within the past month or so, i found a new friend that i really connect with. I feel like she understands me and doesn't judge me on the little things.. My best friends dnt really get along wit her because they feel like shez changing me and taking me away from them, which i dnt think is true at all. Every time we would get together it always ended up in an argument wit me defending my new friend against my best friends. It eventually juxx got 2 the point where i was fed up with it. After constantly telling ppl that they rnt bein replaced, u kinda juxx wanna give up, and at the time i knew it was wrong, but i juxx needed space.. I couldnt deal with the drama anymore, so for a few days i basically ignored my best friends.. After i had time 2 sort things out, i tried 2 explain 2 them how i felt. At the time i thought they understood and were goin juxx be nice.. After that i hadn't talked 2 them for awhile and i didnt really think anything of it. i juxx thought maybe they were busy.. After a week of them not calling or txting me, i finally got a 12 page txt message from each of them basically writing me off as their friend... My first reaction was anger. Then i was really confused.. It hurt me 2 da core. I couldnt believe that they would juxx take our friendship and throw it away. Since those txt messages, i havent talked them in three weeks, which is like da longest time dat we havent talked in all the years that we've been friends..
I miss my friends alot and i would love 2 mend our friendship but idk if i should make the first move or juxx wait it out.. This whole situation has juxx brought me down and made me not wanna trust ppl and not really open up.. I've built up this wall that higher and stronger than ever and idk if i'll ever be able 2 put my whole heart into trusting anyone again because i'm afraid that i'll get hurt again

MZ. Outgoing

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: Broken Friendship - July 15th 2010, 07:56 AM

I'm actually in a similar situation with my own friends. Two of my really good friends are starting to pair off and leave me out of a lot of things that we used to do together. They even have inside jokes. When they first started doing that, I was really hurt. I mean, these are people that I've known since I was in Kindergarten. And all of a sudden, they are best friends and I'm completely out of it. But now, I'm starting to realize that maybe it's for the better. Some friends come into your life for a reason and others, only for a season. And that's completely true. As we grow up, sometimes we grow out of our friends. Now that you have someone else in your life now you're starting to see someone who actually gets you and understands you on a deeper level than your other friends. Right now, they're just hurt. And they have a right to be. But if they can't compromise with you and let you meet and be friends with other people as you please, then maybe they were never your true friends in the first place?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mz.Outgoing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Re: Broken Friendship - July 15th 2010, 08:03 AM

Thank you rosesRblue for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it.. U've shined a new light on the situation. I never really thought about them being hurt. I juxx basically thought about how i felt.. I'm goin try 2 talk 2 them because they have been my friends for a really long time, and i believe that we can work it out

MZ. Outgoing

Closed Thread